inspection report (pass/fail)

record of completion, smoke detector sensitivity testing, Inspection and Testing and the AHJ
Leo
Site Admin

inspection report (pass/fail)

Post by Leo »

Did the inspection of the fire alarm pass or fail.

seems like an easy enough question to answer.
NFPA72 does not have a places on the form to check. This Fire Alarm System pass/failed its inspection. Why not?
If you look at alarm companies that made their own inspection report forms some will put a pass/fail of some kind on it and it looks like they are just failing things to drum up business.
The city of Philadelphia has their own inspection form and it is one the best. The form breaks the inspection down into 7 sections that on the first page of the form require you to answer YES or No (pass or fail). Their also use two words Acceptable and satisfactory, which buts the responsibility on the inspector in a good way.

You may want to fail an inspection because it is an old panel with one smoke and one phone line. This more then likely was ok with the AHJ at the time it was installed. So are you going to fail it or pass it?

The question I am asking is how do you deal with the pass/fail of an inspection.
raydaviesjr

Re: inspection report (pass/fail)

Post by raydaviesjr »

where i work we use building reports its ok i could send you an sample report if you like
briac

Post by briac »

Hi,
I 've atend the seminar of NFPA 72, 13, 20, 25 last december;
It depend on the field inspection realy but how?
there are mainly three kind of malfunction in fire system:
the first one is that the is trouble and can be covered by another detection, that is normal and you can troble shoot it later or in normal schedule;
the second one is that there is trouble or malfunction and can be covered by temporary substitution and have to be solved in an important delay;
the last one is that the total impairment of the system that have to be solved immediately;

as per my experience and my NFPA understanding system cannot pass in the second and the last case.

it is up to the AHJ to determine the teporary solution on second case and accept the duration of this teporary solution.

hope to help you
stefan

Post by stefan »

Hi everyone,

in my company we use Aries (software) designed by FireLab (https://firelabinc.com) to generate reports and other information that we need. Anyone who can share experience with other similar software who do the same job?

Cheers,
Stefan