Beam Dtector installation

peermoh80

Beam Dtector installation

Post by peermoh80 »

Hi all,

iam using FIRERAY-2000 beam detector .i need a clarification about beam detector installation for the following.

1) how to protect receiver from direct sunlight in atrium area.
2) how much distance maximum i can keep from ceiling.
3) how much distance i can keep receiver away from AC grill. and what will be the effect if its near by AC grill.
pyrosucks

Re: Beam Dtector installation

Post by pyrosucks »

5.7.3.4* Projected Beam–Type Smoke Detectors.
5.7.3.4.1 Projected beam–type smoke detectors shall be lo- cated in accordance with the manufacturer’s published in- structions.
5.7.3.4.2 The effects of stratification shall be evaluated when locating the detectors.
5.7.3.4.3 The beam length shall not exceed the maximum permitted by the equipment listing.
5.7.3.4.4 If mirrors are used with projected beams, the mir- rors shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s published instructions.
5.7.3.4.5 A projected beam–type smoke detector shall be con- sidered equivalent to a row of spot-type smoke detectors for level and sloping ceiling applications.
5.7.3.4.6 Projected beam–type detectors and mirrors shall be mounted on stable surfaces to prevent false or erratic opera- tion due to movement.
5.7.3.4.7 The beam shall be designed so that small angular movements of the light source or receiver do not prevent op- eration due to smoke and do not cause nuisance alarms.
5.7.3.4.8* The light path of projected beam–type detectors shall be kept clear of opaque obstacles at all times.

5.7.5.3 High Air Movement Areas.
5.7.5.3.1 General. The purpose and scope of 5.7.5.3 shall be to provide location and spacing guidance for smoke detectors intended for early warning of fire in high air movement areas.
Exception: Detectors provided for the control of smoke spread are cov- ered by the requirements of Section 5.16.
5.7.5.3.2 Location. Smoke detectors shall not be located di- rectly in the airstream of supply registers.
5.7.5.3.3* Spacing. Smoke detector spacing shall be in accor- dance with Table 5.7.5.3.3 and Figure 5.7.5.3.3.
Exception: Air-sampling or projected beam smoke detectors installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s published instructions.