New Jersey Fire Alarm Licensing - TEST tips

Leo
Site Admin

New Jersey Fire Alarm Licensing - TEST tips

Post by Leo »

New Jersey Fire Alarm Licensing - TEST

I took two test (Alarm and locksmith contractors business and law) and (burglar alarm)
I pass both, but they were not as easy as others have said.
A 70 is passing so you will need 35 of the 50 question right to pass.

The (ALCBL - Alarm and locksmith contractors business and law) is 2 hours and you will need it all.
Every question is out of the brown book. The better you know the book the easier the test will be.
every section of the book will have questions out of it.

The (BURGA - burglar alarm) is 2 1/2 hours and you will be done in a hour.
Why, because only about 5 questions will be in NFPA70 which you will need to lookup.
The rest are in your head or not.
Many of the question looked like a 65 year old alarm guy with 45 years wrote the questions.
Its not that you will not know the answer, you will not understand what the question is asking.
Skip the poorly worded questions, go to the rest room, smoke a cigarette you will have time you may understand the question the 2nd or 3rd time.

Does anyone use the term "Bill Tray"?
If I asked you, "do you use a piezo to test circuits", what would you say?
One of the questions from NFPA70 was about branch circuits to a hospital bed. Which at first I thought was not a good question because it was not about BA stuff, but it is in NFPA70 so you need to know how to find thinks in this book.
know Articles 725,760,800 in NFPA70, it maybe what puts you over the top.

I have just taken the 3rd test, (access, cameras & intercom) It was 2 hours with 40 questions.
I think it had dumber questions then the BA test, I was sitting next to someone in the testing room that was typing a 100 miles an hour, mean while I am reading questions that were written by people whose first language is not English.
The Key to passing the last two test is NFPA70
There was a lot of questions out of NFPA70 and you will need to get all of them right.
If you are going to TAB your code book I would only tab ARTICLES

100 Definitions
680 Swimming Pools, Fountains, and Similar
720 Circuits and Equipment Operating at Less
725 Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3
800 Communications Circuits
810 Radio and Television Equipment
820 Community Antenna Television and Radio
830 Network-Powered Broadband
KNOW THE INDEX (Back of the book) study the Index