UL Listing

Old fire alarm guy

Re: UL Listing

Post by Old fire alarm guy »

I did it for a local branch of a national company years ago. They were required to be UL in certain jurisdictions in south Florida. It's not hard to get listed, but money wise I can see how it might be difficult for a smaller company. Depends on the area you are in and if it'll help you out enough to pay for it every year.
ElCid2016

Re: UL Listing

Post by ElCid2016 »

I agree Old fire alarm guy. The quote I received is around $3800 plus the travel and expense of the UL guy to go to my non-UL panels and write them up if they are not up to their standards. What concerns me is that they are now a for-profit company and it just seems that it is a bit of a money grab in order for me to play ball at another level.
ElCid2016

UL Listing

Post by ElCid2016 »

Anyone in an area where they are required to be UL listed? I am looking into it for my company. Don't see how it would be beneficial for a small company given the initial investment of around $8,000 and a yearly fee of $3,300 to keep it up.

Some jurisdictions require this for the monitoring company while others require it for the monitoring company and the company servicing the system.