EST2 with Audio and the database backup was lost

SGJosh1

EST2 with Audio and the database backup was lost

Post by SGJosh1 »

I contracted an EST dealer/distributor to come see what they could do for a customer that has a Siga-APS that needs replaced. The vendor told me that since there is no backup of the database, a new one would need created and they said no way would they do this.

After reading many of the posts on here regarding recovering SDU's and/or having to recreate them in cases like this...my question is...what does one do when its an EST2 with audio? I understand creating a "dummy system", uploading the map, and getting device information from disconnected SLC loops through hyperterminal, but where is the Audio (cpu or audio controller)...or would that have to be programmed from scratch? I get that this process will take time, but why was the vendor walking away when hearing its audio? Thank you for any help!

New to the forum...
pyrosucks

Re: EST2 with Audio and the database backup was lost

Post by pyrosucks »

If you only need to replace the SIGA-APS, there is no need to reload the database. You should be able to replace that yourself.
SGJosh1

Post by SGJosh1 »

Thank you, but I thought that board has a serial number and address associated with it...??
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Yes, that is correct. But as long as the system was installed correctly and mapping is enabled, the new board should be recognized and accepted by the loop controller. The system will remap and the new device and serial number will take the place of the old one.
SGJosh1

Post by SGJosh1 »

I know that mapping is disabled on this system. Any idea what that would do then?
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Oh, your screwed then...lol

Database will need to be rebuilt. Not impossible, but time consuming. You will need to determine sequence of operations, write down all of the messages for the devices, upload sdc data, and reprogram. If there are any custom audio messages, they will need to be recorded again into the sdu. Standard messages are built in. Can you do the programming yourself, or are you subbing out?
old_tech

Post by old_tech »

EST2 does not have messages. Only selectable tones based on dip switches