EST2 Programming

vtzram

EST2 Programming

Post by vtzram »

Hi,

I have been to programming of EST3 panel and comfortable with it.Now recently one of our client has installed EST 2 almost 4 years back and he is not getting proper support from him.
Now he is requesting to take care of that.
I have installed and able to open the software.Can any body guide how to make new database or troubleshoot the panel.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: EST2 Programming

Post by Leo »

The EST2 is a baby EST3, it uses siga devices and labels to link the inputs and outputs for alarms just like the EST3

If you do not have the database which I am sure you do not, create a new one.
check the mcm(cpu) version.
build the panel in the SDU
upload the map
connect your computer to the rs232/printer port, left the SLC loop capture all the messages

if the panel has a second SLC loop add (LCX-SDC)
EST3X

Post by EST3X »

Need the EST2 Disk ?
ozzilla26

Post by ozzilla26 »

Goodday everyone,

Can anyone assist me with the setting up of hyper terminal for the est2, and also how to capture the device labels. I already have my cable made, but hyper terminal setup and capture is what I'm looking for.

Thanks
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Hyper terminal you will need to setup with even parity I think. so 4800 or 9600 with even parity, no hardware control.
the Labels are only in the SDU program before it is compiled. Labels are not in the panel.
ozzilla26

Post by ozzilla26 »

Thank you leo for the settings I will be sure to try them. Maybe I should have clarrified the second part of my question. See what Im trying do is to connect my pc to the est2 via the rs232 printer port, send all device in communication fault and then capture that information, and save it. My question is, is there something special I have to do with hypertermnal to accomplish this. Once I sent all devices into communication fault, should all device messages appear on my pc or do I need to tell my pc to do somethong via hyperterminal? In other word how exactly do you capture info comming out of the est2 rs232 port?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

within Hyperterminal -> transfer -> Capture text
send it to a file on your desktop and check that is it working.
once you get it to work right only save the comm fails or restores one time.
ozzilla26

Post by ozzilla26 »

Thank you I appreciate it very much. Ill try it out and let you know if I have anymore question. Once again thanks