Mirtone EST-2 (MIR-2)

pyrosucks

Mirtone EST-2 (MIR-2)

Post by pyrosucks »

I understand that these panels are no longer offered. I have a customer with an MIR-2 with a mapping error. Will the EST version of 2-SDU work with this system?
If not, is the Mirtone software available?
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Mirtone EST-2 (MIR-2)

Post by Leo »

There is not a lot of mirtone panels out there, so it maybe a problem getting a direct answer to your question.

That said I work for ADT and there was different software for EST3,EST2 and Quickstart, now it's all the same.
the only time I found a problem was trying to import a ADT exported quickstart database(ADT version of the QS program) into the EST version of the quickstart program. But I was able to upload the program from a ADT QS panel into the EST QS program.

This may not help you much but I think if it would not work EST would need to have kept up with the mirtone software versions.

If you find anything interesting please let us know, thanks
FVILLA

Post by FVILLA »

pyrosucks wrote:I understand that these panels are no longer offered. I have a customer with an MIR-2 with a mapping error. Will the EST version of 2-SDU work with this system?
If not, is the Mirtone software available?
Hi, several years ago i download the MIR-2 software from the vigilant/est web, i think is the same as EST-2, but im not sure since i never used on a MIR panel if you needed sent me a PM.

regards...
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Just wanted to follow up with some information that may help someone.

First, thanks to FVILLA for helping me out with the software.

I have found that there is no difference in the 2-SDU for Mirtone from the EST version. I have used the EST version to rebuild an MIR-2 database and everything is working normally. Download went fine and all the devices are functioning. However, I did find that the smoke detectors are NOT interchangeable with EST. This was expected as I have read it elsewhere in the forum.
legion10

Post by legion10 »

Hi everybody. I figured this would be the place to post. I too have a customer with a Mir-2 version of EST-2. I am EST-2 certified and have been for years but I was just wondering if I need different software than the usual 2-SDU. If so is there anywhere I can get it because otherwise my option would be to rebuild the EST-2 using just regular EST detector devices and I don't know how thrilled my customer would be in doing that.

Thanks.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

You would only need to replace the smokes if the panel is replaced with an EST version EST2.
I think pyrosucks tested it and there is no different. You can use your EST version EST2 software.