EST2 - DL1 & DL2 Dialer tips

Leo
Site Admin

EST2 - DL1 & DL2 Dialer tips

Post by Leo »

Introduction:

From time to time it may be necessary to make programming changes to the dialer, examples include new CMS (Central Monitoring Station) numbers or simply adding a 9 to an existing number in order to dial out an outside line. Listed below are some programming tips that may help you re-enter the dialer programming mode and make the necessary changes: (These tips are for both the DL-1 and DL-2)

1. Enter the program mode password (4727) between 3 and 8 seconds after panel powerup. Timing is critical and it may require more than one attempt.

2. With a touch tone phone connected to the dialer enter the password, then press the dialer enable/ disable switch, leave the programming phone off the hook. In 15-20 minutes the dialer’s green LED should light steady indicating that the password has been accepted.

3. Disconnect both primary and secondary phone lines. Note: You will have 0026 and 0027 faults on the 2-LCD from having both lines disconnected (EST2(N) Only). The dialer will be attempting to dial out and will fail its attempts in 25-30 minutes. When the message “dial out attempt has failed” appear enter the password. (For the DL-1, slow single flashing amber indicates module/phone trouble, wait 25-30 minutes before entering password).

Note: You need only to enter the programming step(s) in which you wish to edit if the dialer was initially programmed.

To Verify Programming Information:
1. Press the “*” key and enter the respective programming item number into the dialer using the programming phone.
2. Press the “#” key. The phone will sound out the programming item’s contents. 3. Repeat Steps 1 & 2 until all changes have been verified.

Dialer codes
Event Code
Fire alarm report codes 01-32
Fire alarm restore codes 41-72
Normal 24 hr check-in 90
Abnormal 24 hr check-in 91
Supervisory alarm 92
Trouble 93
Trbl/Supv Restore-94
AC power fail 96
Battery trouble 97
Telephone line trouble 98
Dialer disabled 99
Attachments
est2_DL1_DL2_Tech_Fax_No_060004.pdf
Editing Dialer Programming
(77.34 KiB) Downloaded 1763 times
est2_DL2 Dialer Programming.pdf
DL2 Dialer Module
Digital Alarm Communicator Transmitter
(94.17 KiB) Downloaded 4003 times
pyrosucks

Re: EST2 - DL1 & DL2 Dialer tips

Post by pyrosucks »

Does anyone have something showing what each of the programming items are? Everything i can find tells me how to get into program mode, but I don't know what to do after that to make the changes I need.