EST2 New Dialer 2-DACT

Leo
Site Admin

EST2 2-SDU Version 3.2, With 2-DCU, New dialer 2-DACT

Post by Leo »

2-SDU Version 3.2 has the 2-DCU program in it.
download - 2-SDU Version 3.2

EST2 - Replacing a DL2 with a 2-DACT
We are replacing the DL2 Dialer with a new model, the 2-DACT Digital Alarm Communicator
Transmitter. We are phasing the DL2 out of production.

The new 2-DACT dialer card is programmed via the 2-DCU which is integrated into the new 2SDU ver 3.2
Open "dialer Configuration" the 2-DCU program will open. it has its own menu and help menu.
Review the HELP MENU, you will find it helpful
The Dialer needs to be Enable for the 2-DCU program option to be displayed under TOOLS
Configure->MCM->Options (enable dailer)

Your computer will need a MODEM

To communicate with the 2-DACT, your PC must be connected to a modem. The modem must be connected to a phone line. You cannot connect your PC directly to the 2-DACT.

EST2 - 2-DACT and 2-DCU Callback Feature
Caution: Do not enable the 2-DACT callback feature. In the 2-DCU, the default value for the Callback Enable option is NO. Do not change this value. We will correct this issue in the next version of the 2-DCU, and will send an update bulletin as soon as it is available. Do not enable the callback feature until we notify you.

Should you encounter a 2-DACT with callback enabled, you will need to return the module for replacement, using the standard RMA process
Attachments
EST2 - 2-DACT and 2-DCU Callback Feature.pdf
(140.4 KiB) Downloaded 721 times
EST2 - Replacing a DL2 with a 2-DACT.pdf
(155.54 KiB) Downloaded 918 times
Leo
Site Admin

re: EST2 2-DACT Intermittent Faults

Post by Leo »

EST2: 2-DACT Intermittent Faults
TECHNICAL SUPPORT BUL L E T I N F N N 0 9 0 2 3 • I S S 1 4SEP09

Introduction
This technical bulletin is to inform you of a non-life safety issue we are experiencing in the field with 2-DACT Digital Alarm Communication Transmitters. We apologize in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.

Issue
Technical Support has received numerous calls on intermittent fault conditions related to dialer communications and supervision on EST2 systems. These faults are characterized by a “DIALER IS MISSING 0012” event which occurs randomly at system start and reoccurs every 1 to 3 days. The fault duration is momentary and activates and restores immediately. All other dialer functions perform as intended and it should be emphasized that these faults do not inhibit any life safety functions.

Solution
We are in the process of resolving the issue. The resolution will be communicated in a future bulletin.
Attachments
EST2 2-DACT Intermittent Faults 09023.PDF
(158.65 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
pyrosucks

Re: EST2 New Dialer 2-DACT

Post by pyrosucks »

Do i need to write any rules in 2-SDU for the 2-DACT to function?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I do not think you need rules for the 2-DACT, I know you do not need to write rules for the old dl1 dialer card.

Are you going to download the 2-DACT via a modem like a BA control? I thought that is how it's done.
I am curious how it is going to work out for you.
rusty_shackleford

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Just like with the DL2 no rules are required. But you need to make sure that you've put your alarm causing events into a dialer group or groups. And also remember to check the box that says dialer enabled, otherwise you will probably get watchdog faults.

And Leo they way that I've done it is to plug in the laptop's modem to the RJ31X of line 2 and then telling it to call line 1.
therelybare

Post by therelybare »

What type of modem is needed to load this Dialer?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

are you asking about the "new" est2 2-DACT?
I have never seen a 2-DACT in the field.
can you just use a DL2? that is what I would do
if you need one - ebay
Leo
Site Admin

Re: EST2 New Dialer 2-DACT ** REPLACED

Post by Leo »

2-DACT v1.01
TECHNICAL SUPPORT BUL L E T I N F N N 0 9 0 2 7 Update • I S S 1 9 O C T09

Dialer is Missing or has Failed 0012
If your EST2 system displays the trouble message “Dialer is Missing or has Failed 0012,
” the only solution is to replace the 2-DACT.
Contact Customer Service RMA to replace the module with a 2-DACT v1.01.