DEV/line fault in all isolator bases

cmadradi

DEV/line fault in all isolator bases

Post by cmadradi »

Hello everyone,

We have using an EST2 with 2SDU 3.2 version. After a lot of tests we have been cracking our heads out because we have a problem with the first device (isolator base) of all the 9 ramifications of the loop B style wiring we have connected.

The connections are ok (loop entering in DI, loop to the next ramification in DI, and the ramification we want to isolate is in DO). the first device in each one of this ramifications is in an isolator base, the panel give us a dev/line fault in all of this bases.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
bojwil

Re: DEV/line fault in all isolator bases

Post by bojwil »

Dev/line fault could be either the device or the line, odds are it not the device which leaves the wiring, my suggestion would be to take it down to one line and work with that, try reversing the known data in(polling voltage present) to the out and see if it maps,will it map up without the isolator bases?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

this is obviously not a new install because it is an EST2, how did this problem start.
is this problem intermittent?
did you try removing the isolator base to see what happens?
is there 9 isolator base being used?
are you getting 9 different line faults?
not sure what you mean by DI DO.
cmadradi

Post by cmadradi »

The isolator bases have DO- an DI-, for the negative inpu and he negative output for the loop cable. THe connetcions were ok with all the detector. All the project was out of service for about 5 years, the panel was not funtioning propertly so the client remove the power form it. We were putting the service back on, now the problem we have are all in the 9 isolator bases. The problem is not intermittent, it reamins in there.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

dev/line? this does not mean the smokes are in comm fail?
are the devices working, flashing?
can you run the SDU program and check the map?
I would throw the iso bases in the trash, they only protect again a short(I think) .
cmadradi

Post by cmadradi »

After a lot of testing we manage to remove the 9 problems only by mapping one ramification by one.
Y_Knot

Post by Y_Knot »

The other day I had a device/line fault on a system after powering down and powering up. I tried a few times to reconcile the map, but it just would not clear. I called tech support and had me try a few things to no avail. He said it was probably a bad device. He then called back 10 minutes later and told me to use the reconfig function in the program menu. It cleared it right up.