EST 2 network downloading

old_tech

EST 2 network downloading

Post by old_tech »

OK, so we acquired a site with a 6 node system. Four nodes don't have lcd's therefore they must be deleted in the current database.
The problem here is the individual 2-MCMN's have to have laptop enabled for the uploads/downloads.
There's a long distance between panels to get there with no one at the FCS to enable the nodes.
Will a 2-LCD temporarily attached to a node allow entry into the 'enable' menu?
I've done over 100 non-networked est-2's but only 1 networked one.
pyrosucks

Re: EST 2 network downloading

Post by pyrosucks »

I have never timed it, but i think the enable laptop stays on on for a good 10 minutes. Not sure how far you have to go. I would think hooking up a 2-lcd temporarily would work as well. Only one way to know for sure. I have never done a networked est2, can you not download all the nodes from one location like the est3?
Y_Knot

Post by Y_Knot »

old_tech wrote:OK, so we acquired a site with a 6 node system. Four nodes don't have lcd's therefore they must be deleted in the current database.
The problem here is the individual 2-MCMN's have to have laptop enabled for the uploads/downloads.
There's a long distance between panels to get there with no one at the FCS to enable the nodes.
Will a 2-LCD temporarily attached to a node allow entry into the 'enable' menu?
I've done over 100 non-networked est-2's but only 1 networked one.
You should be able to enable laptops for every node from any node with an LCD. After hitting the 'enable' key on the LCD hit '8' (laptop) then enter. It asks which node (I can't remember if it starts out with NN or the number of the node you're at). Either way type in 01, 02 ,03, etc... (you'll have to use the delete key first if it starts out with the node you're on).

I'm not sure how far apart the panels are but I've had =laptop enabled= on the LCD for at least half an hour before downloading. In fact I don't think I've ever seen that time out.
old_tech

Post by old_tech »

yeah, it apparently doesn't time out