Secure Perfect Client Application could not start.

AKA-Casi Rusco, Software-Facility Commander panel-M5/M3000, Cards-PXNplus, 8RP
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Secure Perfect Client Application could not start.

Post by Leo »

this is a common problem and sometimes not easy to fix.
if you can get away with having the client user remote desktop into the host that would be the thing to do.
the client app does not need to run on the host all the time, when the remote user remotes into the host they can login with their user level.
JTsysadm

Post by JTsysadm »

Hi ccolding,

Were you able to resolve this issue? Same thing happened to me today after a P2V.

Thanks
silversword

Post by silversword »

Anyone ever find a solution to this?

-----------------------

Update: I also was trying to image the system onto new hardware when I encountered this issue. I think I've narrowed down the source of the problem.

Licensing for GE Secure Perfect is using the licensing is tied to hardware logic (like XP activation) so when you P2V or image the system it looses the licensing information. Since this software has reached End of Life, and I don't have the paperwork from the original purchase I'm still fighting thru trying to find the original CD License key to see if I can re-run the Licensing app and then resolve the problem. Talking with the company: Systems Integration Group of Lenel Phone: 585-248-9720 Option 3 - if you can prove purchase with PO, Sales Order, or CD Bar Code# they'll help you with reactivating.

That said, there's two newer software packages that is the recommended upgrade path: FX-WNX (which is also about to reach it's End of Life), and then Lenel Onguard (which will require new hardware Micro Controllers).

I'll re-update once I get more info.
ccolding

Secure Perfect Client Application could not start.

Post by ccolding »

I recently P2V'd SP from a dying box to my VMware host. I now am getting the following error when trying to run SP:

The RPC server is unavailable. Secure Perfect Client Application could not start.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve?