windows 7 and dongle emulator issues

Leo
Site Admin

Re: windows 7 and dongle emulator issues

Post by Leo »

without the hasp key it is a problem.
if you are willing to spend enough money someone may sell you one.
put a post up saying "need hasp key at any cost"
024odorb

Post by 024odorb »

we got our key back and made backups with the various backup/emulators - however, it seems the services do not exist anymore. OR at least the emulator will not work with the SDU software.

Anyone recommend an emulator provider that can use our HASP backup *and* emulator will work with SDU v3-5?
FVILLA

Post by FVILLA »

Hi, this week change my Laptop from win7 to Win 10/64, SDU 5.32 still no issues with the emulator, at least for now.

Regards.

024odorb wrote:we got our key back and made backups with the various backup/emulators - however, it seems the services do not exist anymore. OR at least the emulator will not work with the SDU software.

Anyone recommend an emulator provider that can use our HASP backup *and* emulator will work with SDU v3-5?
cmadradi

Post by cmadradi »

Try to use Multikey for 64 bits, need the dump file, then create one reg file with it.If you need help just send pm
714darrin

windows 7 and dongle emulator issues

Post by 714darrin »

Good evening everyone,

I went through the 3SDU programming certification in Florida back in 2008, (GE at that time). Since then I've been working for EST distributors until last year. My current employer is not a strategic partner, nor are we a distributor for any EST products. My laptop that I brought to the EST-3 programming coarse back in 2008 and had installed the original 3.71 on, has failed completely. There is no salvaging anything off the old drive - including the hasp key PIN. To make things worse, I can't find my hasp key either...
I now have a replacement Dell E4310 with Windows 7. Since I am not employed with an EST strategic partner, I do not know whether or not I can request a new key from UTC. If I cannot,(which is likely the case) then are there any emulators for a 64bit W7 pro operating system? We just picked up two accounts that have the EST-3 (3.61 & 3.74) panels. I've got the program discs for both buildings, but now we are faced with what we can do as far as service for our new customer. With out the software key, I'm high and dry...we are changing SIGA-SD's for SIGA-PS inside a DH for their Train units. But I need to change the device types in the DB to do this.

Please bear in mind that I am novice on my best day when dealing with computers, which might be part of the reason my hp crashed. So any responses to this post please, please, please make it sensible to someone who doesn't know computers very well!! I've been looking through all the threads in the posts, and I've seen that it looks like we are just spinning our wheels with out the hasp key...Leo if you're reading this please tell me there is something that I can do! Thank you all in advance!!

V/R,
CFP