Digitaldiverter - Has anyone used this?

Leo
Site Admin

Digitaldiverter - Has anyone used this?

Post by Leo »

This looks like a neat devices. I am curious if anyone has used it and what they think about it.
This device is used to take over a competitors control panel with out re-programming the control.

http://www.digitaldiverter.com/ - Take Over Any Alarm Panel Without Reprogramming.

They also sell a Digital Broadband Adpater

pyrosucks

Re: Digitaldiverter - Has anyone used this?

Post by pyrosucks »

I've seen these advertised before, but never used one. I am intrigued, but I wonder if it is UL listed for fire alarm. Even if it works, it could be a liability.
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

Digital Diverter statement in regards to being UL listed for Burglar / Fire Alarm ......

"It is FCC approved, but there is no “UL LISTING” for the product just as there is no “UL LISTING” for the telephone line. The Diverter is NOT a part of the alarm panel but a part of the phone line services."
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Not sure I would want to try explaining that to a fire Marshall, or in court for that matter.

Also, I get that it can dial a different number to forward the call to another CS, but what about the account number? Does it send an account no. that you assign, or does it simply retransmit the existing?

Personally, I feel the IPDACT put out by Firelite is a much better alternative, and it is UL listed and FM approved. You can connect this to an existing DACT and retransmit CID codes to another CS and designate another account number for it.