Programming Pyrotronics MXL

RonWood

Programming Pyrotronics MXL

Post by RonWood »

Does anyone know who in the Myrtle Beach, SC area can program these panels? We have used a guy out of the Raleigh, NC area but I can't get through to him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
pyrosucks

Re: Programming Pyrotronics MXL

Post by pyrosucks »

I can't help you with finding someone else, but I can give some additional information on these panels. Siemens licenses their software per dealer, so one dealer cannot program another dealers system without contacting the factory. It's not impossible to get done, but it can be a headache. You will need to have the customer send a letter to Siemens on letterhead stating that they want the new dealer to take over the software rights to their system. Once this is done, the new dealer goes to the site and contacts Siemens tech support with some information pulled from the FACP. Siemens will use this information to generate a one time use password for the dealer to download the system. From now on, only the new dealer will be able to make any program changes to the system.
RonWood

Post by RonWood »

Thanks! I learned that a little earlier this morning after a few phone calls. Doesn't look like this is going to be a quick and easy process.
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

The only other option is to order a new cpu and reprogram the entire system. I have done this in the past. Sometimes the added expense is worth saving time and hassle.