Siemens FireSeeker FS-250 programming software

reidkoch

Re: Siemens FireSeeker FS-250 programming software

Post by reidkoch »

I'm running into a "Panel Type Not Supported" error on my FS-250 panel. Was there a revision to the software to allow the use of the computer or maybe the pinout I'm using is incorrect? If anyone has any experience with this, help would be greatly appreciated!
dougncin

Post by dougncin »

Are you programming a FS-250 or MPC-6000 they look very similar.
reidkoch

Post by reidkoch »

dougncin wrote:Are you programming a FS-250 or MPC-6000 they look very similar.
It's definitely an FS-250 rev. 7.07. I just can't understand why it's not allowing me to program it. I was thinking it's a mismatch between the firmware on the board and the software or maybe my USB serial cable setup is just causing issues. Do you know if it's only 3 pins used for the connection Doug? Thanks.
dougncin

Post by dougncin »

reidkoch wrote:
dougncin wrote:Are you programming a FS-250 or MPC-6000 they look very similar.
It's definitely an FS-250 rev. 7.07. I just can't understand why it's not allowing me to program it. I was thinking it's a mismatch between the firmware on the board and the software or maybe my USB serial cable setup is just causing issues. Do you know if it's only 3 pins used for the connection Doug? Thanks.

There is more going on than just 3 pins. On the serial end there are some pin jumpers together. I will take pictures of my cable later tonight. Other thing the program defaults to com 1 if your usb isn't on com 1 it's not going to work. The software only gives you access to com 1 or 2

Doug
reidkoch

Post by reidkoch »

Awesome, that would be greatly appreciated. I do have it set to com1 and there's communication on the transmit pin but I don't have any jumpers so maybe that's the issues. Thanks
dougncin

Post by dougncin »

reidkoch wrote:Awesome, that would be greatly appreciated. I do have it set to com1 and there's communication on the transmit pin but I don't have any jumpers so maybe that's the issues. Thanks
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_4a7.jpeg
reidkoch

Post by reidkoch »

Doug, you're awesome. It worked like a charm! Thank you very much.
Gkuyuk

Post by Gkuyuk »

Could anyone provide the pinout for the programming cable? Thank you for your help.
htsmi

Post by htsmi »

For those who still need the cable information, I discovered that this uses the same programming cable as the Gamewell 600 series. This is a female DB-9 to modular 4P4C plug, like a traditional phone handset cable, not RJ-11. RJ-11 will be too wide to fit into the jack. The pins are as follows:

Code: Select all

DB-9 -- 4P4C

1 -- Unused
2 -- 2
3 -- 1
4 -- Jumper to DB-9 6
5 -- 3 + 4
6 -- Jumper to DB-9 4
7 -- Jumper to DB-9 8
8 -- Jumper to DB-9 7
9 -- Unused
To number the pins, see:
http://pinouts.ru/SerialPorts/Serial9_pinout.shtml
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_connector#4P4C
alarmanator

Post by alarmanator »

I need help with a Siemens FS-250. I have the software and have uploaded the database. It has a FS-DACT that is monitored by a Starlink cell unit. The FS-DACT is programmed for Ademco GN. Does anyone know what Ademco GN format is? I see that it has contact ID format but when I select that format and try to download I get an error that the firmware version has to be 7.07. Do you know where I can get the firmware upgrade to 7.07? Thanks