Gamewell IF-610 heat detector false alarms

714darrin

Gamewell IF-610 heat detector false alarms

Post by 714darrin »

Hello everyone,

I've exhausted all of my outside resources now troubleshooting the cause of false alarms from a XP95-T addressable heat detector on an IF-610 system. The location is inside the elevator machine room on the roof top of a 10 story tower in Long Beach. Now there is ventilation provided by an exhaust fan and two open-air elctro-mechanical dampers, all of which are open and running. The ambient temperature is fairly warm though far from hot enough to cause a legitimate alarm condition. Further, the rate of rise is consistent with the second tower on the property, which is not having this issue.

I've replaced the detector and now the base, but the issues continue. Would anyone happen to know if just like with the Notifier systems, that system points in the IF-610 may just go bad??? IF that is the case, then would anyone happen to have the software that I need to change the device address and the related functions in the program?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
pyrosucks

Re: Gamewell IF-610 heat detector false alarms

Post by pyrosucks »

Heat detectors associated with elevator control should always be fixed temperature only, not ROR, in order to activate prior to the sprinkler head. That being said, what temperature rating sprinklers are installed? This will indicate design ambient temperature of the machine room. Make sure the heat detectors are rated for the same environment.
FVILLA

Re: Gamewell IF-610 heat detector false alarms

Post by FVILLA »

714darrin wrote:Hello everyone,

I've exhausted all of my outside resources now troubleshooting the cause of false alarms from a XP95-T addressable heat detector on an IF-610 system. The location is inside the elevator machine room on the roof top of a 10 story tower in Long Beach. Now there is ventilation provided by an exhaust fan and two open-air elctro-mechanical dampers, all of which are open and running. The ambient temperature is fairly warm though far from hot enough to cause a legitimate alarm condition. Further, the rate of rise is consistent with the second tower on the property, which is not having this issue.

I've replaced the detector and now the base, but the issues continue. Would anyone happen to know if just like with the Notifier systems, that system points in the IF-610 may just go bad??? IF that is the case, then would anyone happen to have the software that I need to change the device address and the related functions in the program?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
see the attached file, hope that help you.

regards.
Attachments
tu00702 TROUBLESHOOTING IF610.pdf
(73.73 KiB) Downloaded 303 times