Converting old control from Dialup ->IP

Leo
Site Admin

Converting old control from Dialup ->IP

Post by Leo »

I want to take an old BA system off pots line and put it on the customer network so the signals go over the internet to my Central Station.
Leaving the old control, no added monthly cost. ContactID and maybe SIA.
Any thought?
pyrosucks

Re: Converting old control from Dialup ->IP

Post by pyrosucks »

Firelite IP-DACT. It will work with existing dialer there, but for it be ul compliant you will need to replace it with a 411UD. You would have to see if your central station has the proper receiver.

http://www.firelite.com/en-us/Pages/Pro ... d=ipdact-2
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

What Make and model is your ''old'' BA system?

I may have a solution but there is an added monthly cost.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I do not want a monthly cost. I do need to pay the Central Station just like any other monitored system.
I was looking at DSC TL265 at $130,
the IP-DACT cost to much for a little shit BA panel.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Hi Leo!

I don't know much about the TL 165 but it seems like a GSM/IP communicator.
On the GSM route you can be sure you'll get monthly fees from Connect 24 as for the IP route, if it's free then you'll most likely have to open specific ports on a router and therefore run the risk that if the client resets the router you'll end up doing a service call.

Most IP devices that are plug 'n play (I'm thinking like IP Datatel and the like!), will have a monthly cost from the provider and that comes from the fact that most times the signal goes to their servers first and it is then rerouted to the central just like an Uplink module.

Good luck with your stuff.

P.S. Edit; Also I just though of it,( because a friend of mine in the business does it ) you could go with a VOIP Adapter ( Personally I wouldn't , I'm too scared )

Provided your panel can, you could have it send the signals through VOIP.( You didn't say which Make and Model )