Vigilant Systems

pyrosucks

Re: Vigilant Systems

Post by pyrosucks »

We have been using them for about a year now. Basically the same as the EST IO series. Much better than the quickstarts. The mid range system is the VM, which is a reconfigured EST-3x. Software is the same pretty much, but at least the got rid of archaic the rules editor. Correlations are done much like the IO series programming systems now.
JoeThompson

Post by JoeThompson »

Thanks
The problem we are having with panels here is dirty power. Constantly changing out power supplies on the QS, and CPU's on the FX-2000's. Installing surge suppresion on the distribution panels helps most of the time but doesnt help with the brown outs. I guess we're more concerned with introducing a new product with the same woe's.
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

I have not had any similar experiences to compare with, but I will say the IO/VS series of panels seem to be much more stable than their previous genration counterparts. We have replaced many QS CPU's that seem to fail for no reason. Due to parts availability, It's become cheaper for us to replace the entire panel with an IO or vigilant panel instead of replacing the existing QS cpu. You can replace an EST quickstart with an IO series panel and reuse the existing field devices. If you go with the Vigilant brand, the detectors are not compatible, but the modules are. Just a loop protocol change, otherwise all the devices wire the same. You can even reuse the existing smoke bases, just swap out the heads.
peermoh80

Post by peermoh80 »

i have used 400 no's vigilant panel(64 point) in one of my project.
JoeThompson

Vigilant Systems

Post by JoeThompson »

Hello
Has anyone had much experience with the Vigilant line of systems. I know they are an Edwards product but have not seen them in the field.
I guess I'm curious as to the quality and durability of the product. If anyone can share any experience and or opinions on the product that would be much appreciated.

Thank you