Ademco Vista 32FB

Daren8854

Ademco Vista 32FB

Post by Daren8854 »

Hello to all. I want to start off by thanking you for this forum. It is absolutely wonderful!

I am having an issue with one of our accounts. They have a Vista 32FB panel that is combination burg/fire. The problem is that anytime they set off the alarm accidentally, they are able to silence the alarm, but the signal will not clear. The manual says to input code then press 1 (off) to silence, then do it again to clear the panel, but no matter how many times I tried the panel stayed in alarm showing "Fire 002 Silenced". Without it clear, they cannot set their alarm at night. The only way to clear it is by disconnecting power and pulling battery then everything is fine. Has anyone else run into this? I just don't know what to tell them at this point. Thank you so much for any info you can provide.
pyrosucks

Re: Ademco Vista 32FB

Post by pyrosucks »

What zone type is alarming? If it is 4 wire smokes or duct detector, those may not reset without dropping power to the detectors. Original installer should have made provisions for this, but most do not.