Received message "loop controller application code in error"

FVILLA

Re: Received message "loop controller application code in er

Post by FVILLA »

Hi, most of this systems(XLS1000) are programmed with SDU version 3.4 you could try with it.

regards.
fireteam

Post by fireteam »

I used the command menu to check the sdu version used in the field and it is 3.2. Do you know if using a different sdu version on a network can cause any issues using a different sdu version on a network? All I need to do is down load serial numbers into some detectors and I think I can do this locally at the 3-DSDC. The device is addressed and I believe the trouble is caused by not having a serial number.

I pulled a version of 3.4 of this forum and started to read the software release notes and it says that it is compatible with the 3.1 Micro code that is giving me an error. Thank you for the help. I will let you know if this works.
fireteam

Post by fireteam »

When I used SDU 3.4 I no longer had a loop controller application error. It changed to a micro code error on my CRC card. I don't have a card reader in my project so I updated the micro code and was able to reconcile and down load with no issues.

Thanks for the help
fireteam

Received message "loop controller application code in error"

Post by fireteam »

Leo,

I just attended a two week class on XLS1000 and received a certification to work on my Plants fire protection panels. It covered programming and troubleshooting using SDU 3.74.

After investigating a trouble that has been in since 2008 I discovered that the serial numbers were not inputted into two SIGA-PHS detectors. I went to the field and tried to upload from the 3-DSDC locally to verify what I saw in my SDU project and got an error saying that Microcode was not up to date. I also got the statement that the loop controller application code is in error 3.31.00.
I have gone through all posts under EST3 and looked through the release notes for 3.74 but still have a few questions:

1.What does an application error of 3.31 mean? (maybe I wrote the wrong number down)

2.While performing down loading is it possible to cause any actuations?

3. Is it possible to try and use an earlier SDU version to communicate and not upgrade the system? I saw a lot of posts where people had errors.

4. The statement in" 12.4 of the release notes says Upgrading firmware on 3-SSDC(1), 3-SDDC(1), and 3-AADC(1) loop controllers " makes me think that a 3-SDDC can't be used.
I have a 3-SDDC. How Would I change its micro code to V3.32?

I would be very grateful for any help you could provide. I look forward to learning from the good people on this forum.

Thanks,
Fireteam