ACDB software will only activate pending on adding new user

jeffb

ACDB software will only activate pending on adding new user

Post by jeffb »

We have a EST3 system with fire and access control. The access control is for two buildings, fire alarm only is in one of the two.
so building A has fire and access control
and building B has only access control(two doors).

The CPU in building B needed to be replaced, (simply beeps continually on power on) and we have decided not to repair. We wanted to spend that money on a new IP based access control system, which has been done and is working well. (infinias)

Now the problem, I needed to add an access card to the EST3 system for a new cardholder. When I added new cardholder, then save, then 'send changes' (from ACDB software on pc), it takes about a minute and has message of the effect "no changes" and goes away. My new user is still there, but the status is 'pending' activate or de-activate, and card won't work at reader.

I believe it is because it is still trying to send to the now non-existent EST3 panel that was in building B. I don't know why it is not updating the one in building A however. How can i just get rid of building B in software and panel and have building A just work solo? Is that the right path? Thanks for any insight on this.
Eagle00708

Re: ACDB software will only activate pending on adding new u

Post by Eagle00708 »

did you re-import the RPM file? and if it were a problem with communication it would just come up with an error after hitting the lighting bolt and hardware update task failed