System capacity

Leo
Site Admin

Re: System capacity

Post by Leo »

this panel "EST3" could be installed in a small town, you will not find a building to big for it. you will be fine.
kelaa

Post by kelaa »

Im hopiong so Leo. but Each paging point will be regarded as a node as its linked to the annunciator cpu. if i have more than 64 nodes (Max no. in Network) how do i make provisions for the extra nodes?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

you would use a "Fireworks" computer which can connect multiple EST3 Networks.
I assume you have one ASU? there is one paging loop/line via ASU. you will need to run wires in and out though each paging point.
so each paging/annunciator location will be a node, most places page from one or two locations.
Remote paging does not need the annunciator cpu to work, it is the way EST designed it but you would maybe do a work around.
how many annunciator cpu/paging points are there?
kelaa

Post by kelaa »

thanx Leo. I have 71 paging points. All points will require selective paging to various areas or departments. Had wished to limit the system to 1 network w/out having to interlink more than 1 system. Have already trimmed down the paging points to 71 and all are concidered essential. there is only 1 ASU. i would believe inoder to be able to use the selector switch at each paging point you would require the Annunciator cpu. How do i work around this. Is the re not a third party system which can be integrated into the EST3 system?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

3-REMICP - http://www.pyramidtech.net/Audio/85010- ... phones.pdf
3-REMICA
No CPU needed. although the cut sheet says a max of 63 per ASU, you may need a second ASU.
kelaa

Post by kelaa »

neither the 3-REMICP nor 3-REMICA has the technical functionality that is desired. it is required that a selector switch be available at each point.
kelaa

System capacity

Post by kelaa »

Hey Guys!

Im new to this system and want some clarification on the system capacity and application. Im working on a project where an ES 3 system shall be installed. Its a health care facility and intend to install more than 60 [/highlight][/highlight]paging points with annunciation at every nurse station. is there an alternative to this as this will exceed the system capacity. we require a paging system to be incoporated but not using up all the nodes.

Please assist!