EST loop addressing procedure

pooriyasms

EST loop addressing procedure

Post by pooriyasms »

Hello every one,

Any one know how is the device addressing procedure on a EST3 loop?
I mean how does work the main algorithm?When we add or eliminate some devices on a loop, how is the algorithm for addressing remained and added devices?
The other important thing, when we have branches on a loop how is the addressing of devices on a loop branch?

I really appreciate any information,
Thnx.
mikbz

Re: EST loop addressing procedure

Post by mikbz »

add the devices to the loop offline with address what you whant; delete not used address.
upload the loop add assign device s/n to the address you whant.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I am not sure what you are asking.
The fact that there are no address dials on the devices?
pooriyasms

Post by pooriyasms »

Dear Leo

frist of all thank you for your informative posts,
I want to know how is the main procedure of addressing the devices in an EST loop.
In fact I want to know what happens in 3-CPU for addressing to detectors and how does the cpu recognize the detectors?

Thank you
pooriyasms

Post by pooriyasms »

Dear friends,
Any help?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

the short version is:
it starts will the serial number which is on all siga devices.
when you open a new siga device box's there will be two labels with the serial number. one on the device and one to put in a book to help with new installations. in the book you will also put in a description and a 3 digit address number which is the devices address.
then you input this info into the SDU and download the panel.

after the download, the SDDC card looks for ALL serial numbers not just the one's you entered into the SDU.
how: if the serial numbers were from 1-1000 the SDDC card would ask if any device serial number was above 500 and if so it would ask again above 750 -> 875-> 925 below 900 above 912 until it finds ALL serial numbers on the SLC loop. THAT IS WHY IT CAN TAKE A 1/2 HOUR.

Mapping:
Siga devices have an in and out for the SLC loop, which when not followed causes mapping faults and other problems.
the in and out allows for the SLC loop to be mapped. if you look at smoke bases you will see a one ohm resistor which is used to help with the mapping. The one ohm resistor is in ALL siga devices. when the system is mapping the 1 ohm resistor is looked at via its device for voltage changes across it to help ID where it is on the SLC loop/Map
pooriyasms

Post by pooriyasms »

Dear Leo,
Thanks for time and your explanation,
pooriyasms

Post by pooriyasms »

I have another question too,
How EST writes the serial numbers on the devices?
Is there any chip on the devices?
pooriyasms

Post by pooriyasms »

Does the EST do Auto addressing,following the topology of the loop? in other words, The EST panel commence from the first device on the loop and address it as 001, the next device will be 002 and so on,am I right?
gmcorreia

Post by gmcorreia »

The EST panel does not writes serial numbers on devices. Each device have a unique serial number given by factory.