Device programming

Amber

Device programming

Post by Amber »

Hiii,

I need one information that, if I replaced some devices against the existing faulty devices then there is any possibility to accept that devices (As same level text) to EST-3 panel without SDU programming. or It must be needed to prgramming with SDU software and download to Panel.

Thanks
Amber
pooriyasms

Re: Device programming

Post by pooriyasms »

Dear friend

As I know any change with text of devices needs SDU programming.
So you would not be able to change the text of a device without using SDU programming.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

you can change devices on the SLC loop as long as they are the SAME type of device and the device you are changing is not on the SLC loop as a Balanced Device.

what is a Balanced Device check other posts, it is a long story
Amber

Post by Amber »

I want to change one SIGA-CT1 against the installed faulty CT1 in a same position, so shall i need SDU programming against it or any process having to do this??

Can u explain me about the SLC loop?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

there is a small chance you will need the SDU to reload the panel/SLC loop after changing a devices on a siga SLC line.
if the device is a balanced device you will need the SDU - http://www.thealarmtech.com/forum/viewt ... nced#p1686
Most cases you will be fine just changing out the devices.

you could write a small book on how the Siga SLC loop works, most techs that work on it would start with the word "shitty".