how to insert a device in the middle of a loop

samihbaker

how to insert a device in the middle of a loop

Post by samihbaker »

Hello everbody, i am using SDU 3.74

as i understood the Signature series,, i need to configure the devices (detectors or modules), in their "as built' order on site, so how if i need to add a device in the middle of the loop? when i try "Add detectors", it comes at the end!!

thx
Leo
Site Admin

Re: how to insert a device in the middle of a loop

Post by Leo »

I am unsure what you are asking.
I sounds like you want to address the first smoke on the loop/wire address 1 and the next 2 and so on.
do you want to insert a smoke in the middle of the address's and shift all the devices down?

a lot of times I have tried to keep the device address's in some kind of logical order and in the end it never seems to work out that way.
devices added or deleted, what I think is a good addressing schema others don't, my advice screw it.
samihbaker

Post by samihbaker »

Hi Leo,

yes this is exactly what i meant. i am trying to have the device's order in the SDU same as this "built on site".

thx
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

yes you can do what kind of address you want as per your as built address. But it is limited to... for loops 1,3,5,7,9 and so forth detectors address 1-125, and modules 126-250. for loops 2,4,6,8,10 and so forth detectors address 251-375 and modules 375-500.
this is what you will do..say you are in loop 1. it is easier to change the address if you have a map enabled loop.upload the loop as enabled loop,and you will see in the mapping tree the order of devices as per actual installation from 1st point to last point. say you first point is detector, 2nd is detector, 3rd is module, 4th is dual input module (so it will occupy 4th and 5th address of the module), 6th detector, so on and so forth. now if it is stated in your as built that the 5th detector is the first address, and the dual input module is the last address, and your 2nd detector is the 3rd to the last address in the as built,what you will do is...
go to Tools > Signature Series > Mapping > select cab and loop controller > ok.
you will see now the mapping tree which 1st point is detector(circle) address 001, 2nd is (circle) address 002, 3rd is (square) 126, 4th is (double square) dual input module address 127 & 128, 6th is (circle) address 003...(refer to the sample above) now you want that address 003 to make it the same in the as built which is address 001. what you will do is....
in your mapping tree click expand entire diagram, select address 003, click show actual/expected data form, click addresses button, select which address number as per your as built,let say address 001, click OK. now you can see in the actual/expected data form specifically in the DEVICE ADDRESS, your actual is 3 and your expected is 1, your DEVICE ADDRESS is in red color means you have mismatch. Just select commit expected and if you notice that your mapping tree device number 5 (circle) turns blue. you will notice to the left it is 003 (actual) and in the right 001 (expected).
just repeat the operation until you finished changing the device numbers as per your as built. Just check for the addresses limitations for each loop of detectors and modules as written above. after you've done all loops, compile rules, convert database, download database of the loop cards you've edited,finally download cpu database. after that, wait until mapping for loop card is finished, upload again the loop and check your mapping tree, your actual and expected device will be equal as per your as built. if not, just commit expected again and download again,same process. make sure it is enabled mapping.