ID INFORMATION OF DONGLE HASP KEY

tukalo

ID INFORMATION OF DONGLE HASP KEY

Post by tukalo »

hi guys!!!

is there anybody know if we can extract the information of the dongle key or hasp key from the fire panel? like for example, i have a laptop and sdu software and dongle, let say i finished everything the entire system and downloaded in the fire panel. then let say after sometime somebody came to that panel with different laptop and with hasp key also but without the original database,can he possibly extract the information from that panel what hasp key or dongle key or laptop id it used to download that database which already inside the panel?what i only know is that what sdu version he used, revision number he used and what date he last downloaded.but other than that is there any way we can extract from that panel which hasp key number he used or any information regarding the hasp key he used when he downloaded it in the panel? help and added information will be much appreciated...

thanks!!
FVILLA

Re: ID INFORMATION OF DONGLE HASP KEY

Post by FVILLA »

tukalo wrote:hi guys!!!

is there anybody know if we can extract the information of the dongle key or hasp key from the fire panel? like for example, i have a laptop and sdu software and dongle, let say i finished everything the entire system and downloaded in the fire panel. then let say after sometime somebody came to that panel with different laptop and with hasp key also but without the original database,can he possibly extract the information from that panel what hasp key or dongle key or laptop id it used to download that database which already inside the panel?what i only know is that what sdu version he used, revision number he used and what date he last downloaded.but other than that is there any way we can extract from that panel which hasp key number he used or any information regarding the hasp key he used when he downloaded it in the panel? help and added information will be much appreciated...

thanks!!
Hi yes, actually you can get the user serial number belong to the key, with that information all you need to do is call your EST district manager and get the information of the company thats owns the key.
thats way no one mess with others ESTs companys panels.

regards...
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

tukalo,
I think what you are asking is can another company take over an EST system that another installed.
YES

The HASP key that plugs into the back of your PC is needed so you can, install the SDU software, Load the panel and export/import the SDU database. It does not protect the panel from anyone else reloading it that has a HASP and the SDU.

They will just need to rewrite the SDU database.
in fact most the work will already have been done.
You will only need to know the sequence of operation, IE which inputs turn on which outputs.
with that info setup/create your labels for all your devices.
If you know what you are doing you would first, get the devices descriptions from the system, then the map/SLC info

Piece of cake, as long as the sequence of operation is not crazy.
In fact I have more fun rewriting and taking over someone else's system then doing a new install,
and the crazier the sequence of operation the more fun it is.
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

to leo,

Le no, that's not what I meant. I already understand regarding taking over of someone else's system. I do really agree of the last paragraph you wrote. :) What I mean is for example I have my own project, set up everything and running as per cause and effect, simply we say it it is running normally. We understand that say I have my own HASP key, software and computer, and I used that for that project. We understand that every HASP key or computer has its own unique ID number, and I believe please correct me if I'm wrong that HASP key number can be seen inside the sdu in the help window. Now for example after 2 weeks you went to that site without my knowledge, but you have your own HASP key, sdu and computer. For sure you know where to find what sdu version I used, what date I last downloaded and what time I downloaded. Now the question is Le, is there any ways that you will come to know what is my HASP key number I used when I download to that panel as per the date I last downloaded? Pertaining that you and I don't know each other nor the ID number of our HASP key. The only thing you have is the fire panel that is running normally, your HASP key, your sdu and your computer. Can you extract the ID number of the HASP key or any information regarding the HASP key or even the computer of the last person who downloaded to that panel? Or Le, if you open the help window of the sdu, you will see the registered to: , then user serial #: , and key serial #:, is there any way you can get this information from the fire panel of the last person who downloaded to that panel?

Thanks very much Le. Will wait for your reply...
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

and Le, sorry I forgot one thing, regarding to your last paragraph of more fun taking over someone else's system. Is there any ways we can extract the device location? Just like in the Quick Start, when you retrieve the database in the panel, you will get everything including the message location of each devices and even the correlation. For the EST panel can we extract the message location of each device too? I really want to know if this will be possible because if where talking about taking over someone else's system with 4 panels 28loops with more or less 3500-4000 devices or say 20 loops or 15loops or multiple panels, I guess its not taking over, its an invasion already!

Thanks very much Le. Will wait for your reply.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Do you have a fireworks systems at this site?

this post maybe helpful - http://www.thealarmtech.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=5&t=421
QuickStart Correlation is equal to EST3 Labels

how far along are you in re-writing the system.
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

thanks Le, I'll try to look into this. How about my previous post regarding the HASP key number, can we take that information from the exiting panel of someone else's system?