EST3 Reboot fault panel address 1 0 23

datsgourav

EST3 Reboot fault panel address 1 0 23

Post by datsgourav »

Hi,

The EST3 panel one trouble showing '' Reboot fault '' panel address 1 0 23, also "CPU Fail" led light is on. I severally cut off the AC and battery power and turned on the panel again & download the Application code & Bootloader code to CPU through J5 jack , but problem exists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gourav
Leo
Site Admin

Re: EST3 Reboot fault panel address 1 0 23

Post by Leo »

I had the same problem, did all the things you did and call tech support.

the fix was just hitting the RESET BUTTON.
I know you are thinking that's bull shit no way it is that easy, but try it, please let me know if it worked

tech support did not suggest the reset button, it was just be luck I found it.
datsgourav

Post by datsgourav »

What is and how is a ‘Reboot Fault' trouble cleared?

Reboot Faults are caused by unexpected restarts of the CPU. This is normally caused by restarting of a panel, or by cycling power to a panel. Pressing Reset on the 3-LCD will clear the fault.
A Reboot Fault can also be caused by Exception Events, which may be active in the background of the system, which may cause intermittent communication failures within the system. To determine if an Exception Event exist, restart the panel reporting the Reboot fault to ensure an Exception Event does not exist. Clear the Exception Event if one exists after writing all the information by pressing the Alarm Silence button, while it’s present on the display.
Do not simply reset the panel to clear the Reboot Fault, follow the directions above to ensure an Exception Event is not present.
Contact technical support and provide all information displayed by the exception event to determine the cause.

Thanks,
Gourav
junjun

Post by junjun »

there is a tech facts regarding on this issues.

TFN: 060501
To: Distribution
Date: June , 2005
Topic: EST3 – Exception Events
EST3 includes high-level diagnostic functions that continuously monitor the system database (and
associated hardware) for faults. In some cases, database faults create an exception event data
message which is displayed on the 3-LCD.
The system is designed to provide installers or operators with diagnostic data that can be used to
identify and locate errors in the system database and hardware. This data can appear at startup or
during system operation. When a CPU or ANNCPU identifies a fault condition, it displays an exception
event data message on the 3-LCD and sounds the panel buzzer in a specific pattern. The pattern is
three short beeps followed by one long beep.
Each panel has a reboot fault pseudo point. The SDU assigns the reboot fault device type to the
panel's reboot fault pseudo point. The reboot fault pseudo point monitors CPU operation and enters
the active state when the panel restarts unexpectedly. The panel reboot message is routed throughout
the network, notifying the installer or operator of the problem.
When a panel is restarted with an exception event data message present, the reboot fault is the first
indication transmitted over the network. If you are at the panel while the event occurs, you will hear
the distinctive buzzer pattern. If the panel has a 3-LCD, the exception event data message is displayed
there.
The exception event data message has this format:
EXCEPTION EVENT DATA VERSION 1.33.00
Status Reg. 2000
Instr. Reg. 6000
Access Addr. E100
Program CNTR 240001
Note: Event codes vary for different microcode versions and events.
When you see the exception event data message, write down the registers, addresses, and counters
displayed. Also, note whatever activities are taking place on the system at the time that the exception
was first generated. Capture a history report, without text. Report all this material to EST Technical
Support.
To clear the exception event from the CPU, press alarm silence while the exception is visible on the 3-LCD and the CPU is sounding the distinctive buzzer pattern. You cannot clear an exception event from
a CPU that has no 3-LCD. To clear exception events, you can temporarily attach a 3-LCD without
downloading a revised project.
akrajib143

Post by akrajib143 »

Hi,
I am Facing a problem of reboot fault. After showing this fault 3-LCD any Button not work including Command button.
I faced this reboot fault several times before, then 3-LCD working accordingly. Just I re-download database 3-CPU and reboot fault gone.
But this time 3-LCD any button not working. I re-download the database of -CPU. But result is same. 3-LCD any button not working.
I changed the 3-CPU, Still 3-LCD not working.
Please help me how to solve the problem of 3-LCD. it should be work accordingly.

Regards,
Enamul
Nirujan

Post by Nirujan »

Hi,

IF you can try this, remove your 3-LCD from CPU port and reconnect and power up and check whether ok or not, if still problem exists then no way change 3-LCD. and check your database configuration once again.