Swinging Network Overflow Problem

Leo
Site Admin

Re: Swinging Network Overflow Problem

Post by Leo »

when down loading remember only connect to the panel with wirings under the B terminals only of the RS485 (end or start of the rs485 line).
did the 3-AnnCPU fail or the RS485 card? a CPU failing twice is not normal something is up. I can not remember the last time a 3CPU fail, QuickStarts all the time, but not a 3cpu
have you tried to slow the baud rate down of the network to 19.2
600 mtrs is a long ways but not that long for RS485.
when measuring the wire length it is between three panels not two.
Is the wire shielded? if so, is one end of the shield grounded?
did tech support give you a clue about what might cause network overflow?
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

You can only have Appx. 5000ft between any 3 Est Panels/Nodes. You say you have a "Repeater Panel" at the END of the Network. Why the end? The idea is to cut the distance of 5000ft between any 3 panels. You should talk to tech support in regards to this if possible. If you cant, I may be able to get more info.
(See Below.. Are you Downloading from Right Panel? IE- Svc Panel?)
Tip: If you want to download data to every panel across the
Class B network data riser, the download panel must be the first
connection on the network data riser (the one with no connection
on the Network A terminals.)

In regards to problems while loading...... Instead of loading through the RJ-11 network plug in, Get an rs-232 card and stick it in the panel you want to download from. Then make up an 232 cable and wire it from the panel 232 port and download from there. Use 9600 baud. Set up ports on this node as Printer/9600 baud...

Tip: To download data over the network without having to
reconfigure the system, temporarily install a 3-RS232 option
card on any CPU module in the system and connect the SDU
computer to serial port 1.

Why gauge wire are you using, 18awg? smaller?

600 meters = 1968.5 feet

Wiring Size Twisted Pair 18-14 AWG (0.75-1.5 mm²)
Max. Wire Distance 5000 ft (1524m) between any 3 panels

(Out of the Box...)

Note: If you are experiencing frequent problems downloading to
a CPU, low signal levels from the SDU computer may be the
cause. The Buffered RS-232 Communications Cable, P/N
SDU-CBL, may be used to correct signal level problems. Do not
use this cable with the CPU.
FVILLA

Post by FVILLA »

ggkinuthia wrote:Has anybody encountered a network overflow that's intermittent in an EST3 fire alarm system.
I have 3 panels which are wired Class B using RS485, having a Main Panel come first then a Satellite panel and last a repeater panel at the end of the network with approx. distance between them of 600 mtrs. The network download/upload does not work since the panels drops the RS485 communication as soon as I try to connect my laptop using SDU. I have replaced the repeater(3-AnnCPU) panel twice in a span of 3 yrs because they all failed! The power supply in this site is UPS powered and it's stable and network cable seems to be in good condition. The option that I am dreading to trying is to pull a cable and change the Network wiring to Class A but pulling this cable will be a nightmare.

hi, read the 2 tech faxes from EST hope thats help.

regards...
Attachments
Tech_Fax_No_010102.pdf
(120.16 KiB) Downloaded 1222 times
Tech_Fax_No_010103.pdf
(110.28 KiB) Downloaded 996 times
thinpositivex

Post by thinpositivex »

hi...i'm new in est3
i have a problem regarding on the network est3..based on datasheet and previous statement have state the wire
length between 3 panel is 1500 meter.how about the forth panel because i have connect three panel
and it able to communicate , if i connect the forth panel,the voltage drop and the led at tx2, rx2 sometimes steady and
sometimes off.could somebody help me regarding on this problem and why this problem happen
ggkinuthia

Swinging Network Overflow Problem

Post by ggkinuthia »

Has anybody encountered a network overflow that's intermittent in an EST3 fire alarm system.
I have 3 panels which are wired Class B using RS485, having a Main Panel come first then a Satellite panel and last a repeater panel at the end of the network with approx. distance between them of 600 mtrs. The network download/upload does not work since the panels drops the RS485 communication as soon as I try to connect my laptop using SDU. I have replaced the repeater(3-AnnCPU) panel twice in a span of 3 yrs because they all failed! The power supply in this site is UPS powered and it's stable and network cable seems to be in good condition. The option that I am dreading to trying is to pull a cable and change the Network wiring to Class A but pulling this cable will be a nightmare.