SIGA-SD Maintenance Alert

FireTech

Re: SIGA-SD Maintenance Alert

Post by FireTech »

When these SD Duct smks go into Mait Alert, I "Douche" the Siga-SD. Meaning, open up the detector and give a couple bursts of air around / inside detector. But that is almost useless. I have found that the customer has to First Replace the filters in the Duct work where the detector is dirty. (Filters dirty). If Duct work is all filthy with drywall dust , etc from recent construction, Well... They gotta get them cleaned...(The duct work)

I will try and find sd cutsheet on cleaning. i have it somewhere, but i cant find it right now.....
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

See Attach Document(s) Re--Siga-SD Cleaning / Testing Methods...
Attachments
SigaSD Cleaning pg1.pdf
(431.23 KiB) Downloaded 1333 times
Siga-SD Cleaning and Testing PG2.pdf
How to Clean Duct Smoke
(211.98 KiB) Downloaded 1207 times
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

In Reviewing the Siga-SD Cleaning Attachment Instructions, It says to take the Slc Loop off (Pwr Down) Take the entire board out and clean everything thoroughly. I only clean like this if needed. (IE- You can visibly see dirt/contaminants in the detector.) Like I said Previously,

"When these SD Duct smks go into Mait Alert, I "Douche" the Siga-SD. Meaning, open up the detector and give a couple bursts of air around / inside detector. But that is almost useless. I have found that the customer has to First Replace the filters in the Duct work where the detector is dirty. (Filters dirty). If Duct work is all filthy with drywall dust , etc from recent construction, Well... They gotta get them cleaned...(The duct work)"
Albuggs

Post by Albuggs »

Thanks JimM.

After thoroughly cleaning the detector, the next day a map fault occurred. Diagnostics shows that the device personality had changed. Is this normal that you would need to reinitialize the loop and rectify after cleaning?
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

I know you said the Personality Code Changed, But I still want to mention the SD Cover. If that Clear Cover isn't secured properly, It gives you awkward Troubles. I did see in some documentation where you have to restart the SDC card after the cleaning process. I thought this was to get rid of Environmental compensation signal though. I am curious though..... What was the personality code? And what was the Personality Code changed too? Was it the Sensitivity that Changed? IE-- From Least Sensitive to Normal Sensitive?

Make sure Clear Cover is on Good, Restart SDC card device is on. If not, let me know......
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

Wait a Minute... you said Map fault.... Did you remove the SLC Wires When Cleaning? If So, Did you put the wires back exactly the way they were? Wiring changes, Map changes Hence..... Map fault.......
Albuggs

Post by Albuggs »

Sorry for the delay in replying. The answer is that I did not remove the SLC loop wiring when cleaning. The device status display at the FACP showed the detector had returned from 80% dirty to 0% dirty. The map uploaded in the SDU showed the device red and indicated in its properties that the personality changed from a 1 (N/O Latching class b) to a personality of 3 (N/O Non-latching class b). I committed the expected, converted and downloaded. The detector has been normal since then.
Albuggs

Post by Albuggs »

I have never restarted the card before I will give that a try. Thnx JimM
Albuggs

SIGA-SD Maintenance Alert

Post by Albuggs »

Does anyone know the procedures used to clean a SIGA-SD duct detector? Does anyone know where to find the documentation. I have not been able to find it on UTC-EST website?