Printer - not always printing alarms

tAP135

Printer - not always printing alarms

Post by tAP135 »

I have two printers on 2 different nodes. Periodically they do not print the alarm. But they will print the point - "first alarm message".

when I test the point it works fine.

any ideas?
FireTech

Re: Printer - not always printing alarms

Post by FireTech »

Is the point you test the same point that the customer says is giving a problem?

I would check----

1-) Est3 Message Routing in SDU program. (I see First Alarm in Message) Prints, Check routing.

2-) Do you have Dip switches set properly on printer for use with est3 and Baud rate?

If you want, you can zip email me your SDu and password, and I will look at....
\
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I would try to find out if it was the printer or the panel by
connecting a computer in place of the printer, run hyperterminal and capture the data, you could capture it as hex data.

if the "first alarm message" comes through before the point that went into alarm, it maybe a weird a Special character locking the printer up.
The panel is most likely not the problem, You could have both printers upset the wrong way?
tAP135

Post by tAP135 »

Thanks for the replies,

yes the printer is setup properly and working. It only happened twice that I know of. Every time I test the new devices that I've installed that day or within the last two. Everything prints with out a problem on both printers. And they are wired and setup the same.
I did find a network problem and I am hoping that was the problem. Network wiring was going through a terminal block, well not anymore.

I've tested multiple times the point that never printed. Print on both printers and panels.With out a problem.

will have to wait and see if something else does not print. so far nothing else.