back up of panel

Leo
Site Admin

Re: back up of panel

Post by Leo »

It sounds like there is a printer card (RS232 card) put there may no be a printer connected to it?
when the system was first setup the rs232 card may or may no have been setup, the system may no know it has a rs232 card in it.
We need to find out if the rs232 card is programmed in the system so that we can us it, if it is not there is nothing we can do with it.
I find the easiest way to see if the printer port (port 1 or 2) is enable and turned on is, via a rs232 tester.
I love this one -RS232 LINE STATUS TESTER - http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 1_14285_-1
connect the tester to ports 1 and 2 run reports to printer 1 and printer 2, see if the LED's on the tester flicker,if so that is a good sign.

view ESTWireGuide.pdf page 24 - http://www.thealarmtech.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=5&t=112 for printer wiring.
lucky_du

Post by lucky_du »

I want to know how upload the database of the panel . What is the defferent between rebuild and upload?

I just get a EST project, not debuged by me ,I have no databse. So I mant to upload the database from the panel.

Who can help me ? My email : 879081369@qq.com

I will give payment for you.

Thanks.
Nirujan

Post by Nirujan »

You can't upload data from CPU , from loop card only you can get, loop card has only serial no, location names and all other details stored in CPU.
old_tech

Post by old_tech »

FWIW, If there's a 232 card installed along with an lcd, reports can be printed.
karthiktamil

Post by karthiktamil »

lucky_du wrote:I want to know how upload the database of the panel . What is the defferent between rebuild and upload?

I just get a EST project, not debuged by me ,I have no databse. So I mant to upload the database from the panel.

Who can help me ? My email : 879081369@qq.com

I will give payment for you.

Thanks.
I'm also having the same issue,could you please someone help me here or write me here karthigym36@gmail.com
for technical support i can pay