back up of panel

vinodsby

back up of panel

Post by vinodsby »

we have many est3 panels,but we dont have sdu back up of these systems.Can any one give any idea to get the back up from panel
Leo
Site Admin

Re: back up of panel

Post by Leo »

You will need to have the EST3 panel database re-built, there are a few tricks that can be used.
If there is no one that can help you rebuild the EST3 panels database I maybe able to help.
It is not possible for a customer to program this EST3 fire panel, it is complicated.

If you can not find anyone in your area to help you, I maybe able to help.
vinodsby

Post by vinodsby »

i discussed with many technician,they r not familiar with this software.they dont know how to rebuild this database.i need ur valuble help.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

A few things:
Is the panel in English? if not I do not thing I can help you the way I would like.
what I planed on doing is, getting you a computer with the SDU program and the software key connected to the EST3 panel, I would get a panel layout from you, build a system with just the panels and cards, I would connect to your computer via a remote login (Logmein123.com) upload the SSDC card maps and info. then hopefully you have a printer connected to a EST3 panel, if you do we would replace the printer with a computer and captured all the data to a file as we left the slc com lines off. then the only unknown left is the Sequence of operation or which inputs turn on which outputs, this info you will need to gather.

DO you have a firework computer system connected to the EST3?
vinodsby

Post by vinodsby »

there is no firework computer system here.and also no printer.what i do?i have sdu program and software key with me.but i did nt get any training so i need your help
Eagle00708

Post by Eagle00708 »

How many systems are we talking, if you have very many it may be worth it for you to get some formal training. Rebuilding a system database is not for ametures, also keep in mind that after database has been rebuilt and downloaded to the system you will need to retest the entire system per NFPA, and for yourself to be sure your new program is working properly
juanjose

Post by juanjose »

i did restored a full EST3 system in a Hotel in Honduras Central America, one annunciator, one master panel and one remote panel, about 895 devices for a 12 story bulding, maybe i could help you solve your situation. i hope you've solved it by now, if not don't hesitate in contact me.
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

to leo:

good day. im interested also in doing like that just for added knowledge. I rebuild the entire system before and complete with the rules but the problem is i cant get the device locations like in the quick start. I can get all the information inside the system including device address and even module configuration but my really problem is how to get the information with device location like in quick start. so what i did is to retype again the messages as per device address, and it is time consuming. and supposed there is printer connected in the panel, how do we connect or what is the procedure of doing these things through printer port in the fire panel. and also what is the connection in the db25 side going to usb port in the laptop. is it the same configuration when you connect in the quick start like terminal 2, terminal 3 and terminal 5? leo can you help me how to do this things? i am really eager to know how to use this connection and extract the information in the panel especially the message location of each device. thank you very much
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Does your EST3 panel have a printer/RS232 card in it? you typically will need one to be able to extract the device descriptions.

If not try connecting your download cable up and open hyperterminal and run any report on the panel see what happens.
this will work on the QuickStart panel, I have never tried it on the EST3 panel.
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

yes Le, there is RS232 card in it. So can I use the same cable that I'm using in the Quick Start? But first I have to configure the port, right? printer, 9600 baud, which port? Port one or port two doesn't matter? and open the sdu software?

Le, I don't get you regarding open hyperterminal and run any report.... do I need to open my sdu software? where to go?

thanks