I found ground fault many time

jazzku

I found ground fault many time

Post by jazzku »

I found ground fault many time. some time Ground fault every 3 minute, 5 minute , 2 minute if ground fault still show I can find point but in my system is ground fault intermittently Please help me Thank you
Leo
Site Admin

Re: I found ground fault many time

Post by Leo »

good luck, get a volt meter and a ladder and start tearing your system apart.

start removing wires until you find the ground
jazzku

Post by jazzku »

Leo wrote:good luck, get a volt meter and a ladder and start tearing your system apart.

start removing wires until you find the ground
Thank you very much
if you have faster solution Could you tell me please?
Eagle00708

Post by Eagle00708 »

The best way to find a ground is start eliminating the variables and dissconnect parts of the system until the ground stops coming in. Please note that if the ground is on an addressable device the ground will not clear until the device goes normal. For example if a CT1 is in ground fault and you dissconnect the input wire you need to install the resistor to clear the ground fault on the module.
junjun

Post by junjun »

the best and easy way to eliminate ground faults is by checking it with digital voltmeter and voltage reference..
typically our data line when it has no earth faults it just having less than 7 volts DC its either +- respected to earth, having a device ground faults which is easy to find by checking it through sdu is having 9-12 volts DC, and data line ground faults is 12-16 volts DC..

but sometimes excessive capacitance on the circuit cause phantom ground faults..so we need to check also the capacitance in the circuit..