EST3 - System goes into Alarm During Download

Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I had the StandAlone Alarm During Download (UNCHECK) and the alarm still want out during my download.
In speaking with JimM, he said it is backwards, I would Need to check it to disable the alarm during download.
- Anyone have any into -
Leo
Site Admin

Re: EST3 - System goes into Alarm During Download

Post by Leo »

Help file - Configuring CPU operation
Configuring CPU operation requires setting properties found on the Operations tab, Timing tab, and Network tab of the Project Parameters dialog box.

Warning: Clearing the Standalone Mode check box disables an important life safety feature of the system and is not recommended except for certain applications.

Caution: Standalone operation must be selected if the panel contains 3-IDC8/4, 3-OPS, and 3-ZAxx modules using firmware versions earlier than 1.40.

To configure CPU operation:
From the Configure menu, choose Project.
Click the Operations tab, and then perform the following steps:

Set Market Place for the required market or jurisdiction. Click Market Place Description to view a list of parameters affected by the Market Place selection.

Clear the Standalone Mode check box only if the project does not require that a rail module must activate its output in the event that the panel goes into alarm and the rail module has lost communication with the CPU module.
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

Leo,
Were all the CPU's completely Loaded with "Stand alone DB Alarm option" before you had the unprogrammed device on your SSDC card?

Did you remember to Compile and Convert CPU databases after you made this change? And before you downloaded?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Yes one of the first things I do is uncheck this box,
Also EST support, checked his lodges and said this happen within SDU 3.7
So maybe it's only 3.7 that this happens to.

- I upgraded my laptop to 3.74
icyangle

Post by icyangle »

I always disable the standalone mode.
Payton

Post by Payton »

I have had this problem before. Rather than just disabling the Standalone feature for the whole project, you should also check specific devices. Under the loop controller configuration, devices with certain personalities have a standalone checkbox. Whoever programmed at this project before me, had checked the box on alot of devices. This caused download evacuation alarms. You should take care when doing this. For instance if your facility uses any SIGA-REL modules, you would not want to interfere with the standalone operation of a releasing system. These are Judgement calls you will have to make.

--
joeljames

Post by joeljames »

Hi,

For EST3,
Go to CONFIGURE,
Then OPERATIONS,
In OPERATIONS, un-tick ALLOW ALARMS DURING DB DOWNLOAD.
Then Compile and Download

Next Downloading Onwards Alarms will not come

Regards
Joel