Mapping Error

ahmed_nas

Mapping Error

Post by ahmed_nas »

I have a problem with some loops when i read all devices and says mapping in progress
Example : there are 130 device and it only maps to 75 and falls back again to 0 and so on untill it says map fault

i tried mapping errors but everytime it gives me a diferent serial number of a device and nothing seems to be wrong with this device

Can anyone help me how to fix this fall in the mapping

Thanx

Ahmed Adel
mikbz

Re: Mapping Error

Post by mikbz »

Hi, Ahmed!
You have same problems in wiring, try check:
1. you line resistance by short of the EOL should be not more 100Ohm
2. if you use class A conect it as class B and then open line between 74 and 75 devices if you map not failed start add devices one by one until you find the problem.
Update me if you have more data.
Be Success,
mikbz.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

common problem, we have all had this one.
it is a device or wire problem, no easy way to fix it.

break the map up, open legs, drop devices and open the wire and wait to see if it can map it, if so then that wire is good.
Last time this happen to me it was a smoke that I did not turn all the way back onto it base. there was no indication that that was the problem, I just remember and got lucky.

also, load a old Database with a good map to help get an idea of how to open the map/devices.
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

Everyone who has answered before me has provided valuable input.

In the past, when I have had the problem of watching the map work up to like 50 devices and "collapse", It is because whomever wired the dataloop got lazy. IE-- On Siga devices, (smks/Mods) you will have a Data IN + and Data OUT + under the same terminal on the device. But there is a seperate terminal for Data In - and Data OUT - . (The Data IN wire is wired to the Data OUT wire) ...

How to fix it...... You said it maps up to a certain device, right? So go and open the wire at that point. Then map what is wired in on system. Then if that works, add like 5-8 modules at a time. Did that work? add some more mods then map. Did it not work? Then take more siga devices off SLC line and then map again.

In conclusion, I was with Leo at a job when we had this issue. What we did was utilize the Siga View Map and I looked at Chains, and some different stuff. Then I went to a few devices that I thought were an issue, and we did reseat the detectors and it all worked....
ahmed_nas

Post by ahmed_nas »

thanx a lot guyz for you immediate response

youv been very helpful
junjun

Post by junjun »

if you have isolator base on the loop..try bypassing it..
jazzku

Post by jazzku »

mikbz wrote:Hi, Ahmed!
2. if you use class A conect it as class B and then open line between 74 and 75 devices if you map not failed start add devices one by one until you find the problem.
Be Success,
mikbz.
you mean start point to end point include all device in line not over 1000 Ohm right?
mikbz

Post by mikbz »

jazzku wrote:
mikbz wrote:Hi, Ahmed!
Be Success,
mikbz.
you mean start point to end point include all device in line not over 1000 Ohm right?

Yes but the total line resistance should be not over 79 Ohm!!!
Eagle00708

Post by Eagle00708 »

All very good methods of finding a map fault, another thing to keep in mind is that lets say the problem device is 10 devices into the loop(you dont' know this yet), but you dissconnect the loop at device 20 and the problem goes away, which makes you think that the problem is past device 20. Best I can tell this is on a very hard to find map fault however I have ran into it more than ounce. From what we can tell it is from current draw.

On a difficult map fault it is also best to reinit. the loop controller, when you add devices there is no problem but when you take devices off of the loop for troubleshooting purposes then you need to reinit. the loop again. If you do not reinit. the loop the loop will not map unless the downloaded number of devices are communcating