3-ASU version 3.5 compatible with version 1.4 system?

ESTman

3-ASU version 3.5 compatible with version 1.4 system?

Post by ESTman »

Our old system programmed with 3-SDU version 1.4 had a faulty 3-ASU and we ordered a new one but noticed version 3.5 marking on the board. Can this be used without problem in the existing system?

Many thanks in advance.
FireTech

Re: 3-ASU version 3.5 compatible with version 1.4 system?

Post by FireTech »

I have never heard of SDU Version 1.4? The SDU software had version 3.4 about 4 years ago. The latest SDU Version software is 3.71 I believe. The 1.4 you are referring to is most likely the EST EEprom version from factory. Either way, The SDU will be needed to rectify Bootstrap/Code/Database Versions.. (What SDU Version are you currently running at the Site in question?)

The 3.5 "Marking" on your new ASU shouldn't be a problem. When you replace the ASU, you will have to Reconcile/Load the Bootstrap and Code for the new ASU. (I suggest performing an Version request with the SDU software on the ASU to see what version Boot/Code ASU presently has.You may not need to load ) Then....You will need to deal with the PCMCIA card / Database. If you have old ASU's PCMCIA card, you may want to plug it into new ASU. If not, You will have to Download the SDU Database into the new ASU.

Let us know how it goes, or if you have any other questions....

Our old system programmed with 3-SDU version 1.4 had a faulty 3-ASU and we ordered a new one but noticed version 3.5 marking on the board. Can this be used without problem in the existing system?

Many thanks in advance.

Many thanks in advance.