.Resetting

ColinA

.Resetting

Post by ColinA »

I have a CT1 monitoring another piece of conventional alarm equipment that is being reset via a CR. Problem is that the EST3 panel is finished resetting before the equipment restores the CT1 state to normal (2-3 seconds). We have to reset twice to clear the EST3. The CR is turning on via the R1 rule.

If I put a delaya after the on command for the CR will this delay the R2, R3, providing enough time for the equipment to reset?

The CT1 is set for smoke (needs to initiate and alarm) pcode active non-latching.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: .Resetting

Post by Leo »

It should delay R2 and R3.

I assume you are activating and resetting the the CR with a short delay and NOT keeping the CR active through R2 and R3
FireTech

Re: Resetting

Post by FireTech »

Try a Rule Like this.......

[RESET STAGE ONE]
R1: DELAY 0,
ON -HIGH NSO 'RESET_Conventional)FACP',
DELAY 2;

[RESET STAGE TWO]
R2: DELAY 0,
DELAY 0;

[RESET STAGE THREE]
R3: DELAY 1;
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

jim, I would reset the output within R1

[RESET STAGE ONE]
DELAY 2;
OFF -HIGH NSO 'RESET_Conventional)FACP',
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

Leo's Rule may be the way to go with this. There is a couple different ways to Skin this cat.

COLIN..., Was Leo or my suggestions helpful? We always wonder if your problems/issues work out in the end.
I.E.-- Let us know if our suggestions were helpful, either way.

jim, I would reset the output within R1

[RESET STAGE ONE]
DELAY 2;
OFF -HIGH NSO 'RESET_Conventional)FACP',

Report this post
ColinA

Post by ColinA »

Sorry for the delay but haven't had time to make it over there to test anything...I will keep u informed..
ColinA

Post by ColinA »

We tried a couple of things with no success...The following did not work

R1: Delay 02
ON Reset_Relay_
Delay 02
OFF Reset_Relay_

Also tried adding resetcab at the end of that which failed also. It does appear that R1 is ignoring the "Delay" command. From what I can tell during my experiments, at the time the panel starts R1 if any CT1 devices still have an active short across their terminals that device will not reset. The VESDA panels resets it's alarm circuit within 1 second of the CR1 turning on.

This is the in the help for the reset command
"Activating the Reset function clears the panel of any latched off-normal conditions that have been restored."
By reading that one can assume all off-normal conditions have to be restored prior to resetting. I do not understand why when you press the reset button the panel does automatically allow time for conventional devices to restore.

So everyone knows, this conventional device is a VESDA system for which we have disabled the local reset button due to it being in an unsecured area. As a side note several buildings on our campus where contractors have installed EST beam detectors have had to set the beam to non-latching alarm due to the same problem with resetting.

I will add that we have a building on campus with beam detectors connected to IDC card zones and have no problem resetting.

Sorry for the long reply, Colin
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I spoke to tech support and he said that delays would work within R1,R2,R3. who knows if he just said that or he knows for a fact delays work.

try the delay after the panel has reset, and make it a long time (seconds 10) just for the hell of it.
If you have spare LEDs on a display turn them on as R1 turns on and off.
R1:
ON Reset_Relay_
Delay 02
OFF Reset_Relay_
Delay 10
ColinA

Post by ColinA »

Tried all sorts of stuff

Reset:
ON LED_1
ON Reset_rly_
+Delay 02
OFF Reset_rly_
R1:
+Delay 02
ON LED_2
R2:
+Delay 02
ON LED_3
R3:
+Delay 02
ON LED_4

I programmed some extra LED to track how the delaying works, and watched my Reset_rly_ with a meter. The delay as shown above works fine. Proves what I stated before, all conventional devices connected to a CT1 have to be clear prior to resetting.

The only other way to get what I want is to connect the VESDA to either a UM or IDC module and set the personality type to 2-wire smoke. Because a 2-wire smoke would still be in alarm at the time reset is hit.