coded bells

tAP135

coded bells

Post by tAP135 »

Will be starting to write my SDu program soon for a large hospital. The Hosp is now using coded bells ontheir simplex panel.

I will need to setup the same thing.

Not sure how to start? I have found the cut sheet for the 3-CDR card. But not sure where it goes and how to program it. I tried to look around in the SDU and found nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
dlambert

Re: coded bells

Post by dlambert »

tAP135 wrote:Will be starting to write my SDu program soon for a large hospital. The Hosp is now using coded bells ontheir simplex panel.

I will need to setup the same thing.

Not sure how to start? I have found the cut sheet for the 3-CDR card. But not sure where it goes and how to program it. I tried to look around in the SDU and found nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tap,

The CDR-3 Coder, did you get an answer?
FireTech

Re: coded bells

Post by FireTech »

Check .PDF Attchment on CDR... Wire Coder to Rs-232 Port on ESt-3

INFO FROM 3-SDU Programming Tips CODER--

Sending events to a CDR-3 Bell Coder
A panel's serial port can serve as a connection for sending events to a CDR-3 Bell Coder. Events sent to the CDR-3 are selected by their event type. Only events generated from eligible panels specified in the State property setting are able to be sent to the CDR-3.

Notes

If a printer is connected to the same serial port as the CDR-3 then Baud Rate must be set for the baud rate selected on the CDR-3. You must also change the printer's baud rate settings to match the CDR-3.

A serial port set for CDR3/Printer can not be used as a download connection. The modular phone jack, however, can still be used to download data files.

To send events to a CDR-3 Bell Coder:

From the Configure menu, select Cabinet.

Select the cabinet that connects to the printer.

Click the Ports tab, and then click the tab for the serial port used for the coder connection.

Perform the following steps:

Set Port Type for CDR-3/Printer or CDR-3/Supervised Printer, depending on the application.

Set Baud Rate for the baud rate required by the CDR-3. Refer to the technical documentation supplied with the CDR-3.

Select the check box next to the events you want sent to the coder.

Click Close.

See also

Cabinet Configuration dialog box - Ports tab
Attachments
3-CDR_--_Coders.pdf
(179.65 KiB) Downloaded 506 times