EST3-Modcom Questions, paging

icyangle

EST3-Modcom Questions, paging

Post by icyangle »

Hi leo,
I am in angola,debugging the EST3 system.Now, they give me a question:they want EST3 panel can auto dial a special number in order to broadcast the fire alarm information.

I checked the help,found the 3-modcom device.Accordding to the help,the 3-modcom dial number configuration contains country code,area code and phone number,but the phone number only support seven-digit telephone number.Here is my question:the phone number must be seven-digit number?How about 999?.
Angola phone number is nine-digit number,can I use 3-modcom here?
icyangle

Re: About 3-modcom

Post by icyangle »

counry code is no porblem.what abuout area code?According to the help,it gives me a example:1-800-555-1213,how about angola number is 244-222-345678?or how about fire alarm call number 115?how to configure the phone number?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I think it will dial almost any number you put into it.
I am unsure what you mean by order to broadcast the fire alarm information.
once it dials out then what?
icyangle

Post by icyangle »

yeah,let me describe my question clealy:

1)About the phone number.Does it must be seven-digit number?

By the way,I have asked GE China for help,they are not sure the 3-modcom can use in angola because they doubt the angola telcompany can support the protocol to conect the 3-modcom,even through 3-modcom works well in America.

2)If it can dial the special number,but no one is here,when est3 panel alarms,can the 3-modcom send audio message to the listener?For example:attention,XXbuliding is on fire.

3)I know the 3-modcom can send message to the remote monitor(if they have one),how about audio message?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

1)About the phone number.Does it must be seven-digit number?
The modcom can dial 3,7,11,12 all most any number you want

By the way,I have asked GE China for help,they are not sure the 3-modcom can use in angola because they doubt the angola telcompany can support the protocol to conect the 3-modcom,even through 3-modcom works well in America.
I would buy/find a alarm panel that you know how to program and test it, many alarm panels today will send text messages to phone.

2)If it can dial the special number,but no one is here,when est3 panel alarms,can the 3-modcom send audio message to the listener?For example:attention,XXbuliding is on fire.
NO, BUT the MODCOMP works with Pagers, so it may also work with texting to phones, I need to look into it.

3)I know the 3-modcom can send message to the remote monitor(if they have one),how about audio message
NO, it can NOT make your Audio Messages turn on.

So it sounds like if the modcomp could text message cell phones within Angola's phone system that would work for you.
I would get an alarm panel that can text message cell phones to test if Angola's phone system will work, and I will call EST to check if the modcomp can text message cell phones.
icyangle

Post by icyangle »

So it sounds like if the modcomp could text message cell phones within Angola's phone system that would work for you.

Thanks leo, I am looking forward to your further test!
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

PER EST Support

Can the 3-MODCOMP be used to send text pages to cell phones instead of pagers since they’re obsolete?

Yes, 3-MODCOMP will sent text messages to any cell phone carrier that accepts the TAP protocol format. We’ve had customers use it on Nextel (Sprint), AT & T and Verizon cell phones
You will need to contact your cell provider and get your local TAP phone number, so the Modcomp can call it and send the TAP protocol message. getting the TAP phone number (The number you would have called to page someone) will be the hardest part of getting it to work.
icyangle

Post by icyangle »

yeah, I get known.Thanks for your help.
let's keep in touch.