i lost *.sdu project can i upload the labels of all points?

MahmoudEGYPT

i lost *.sdu project can i upload the labels of all points?

Post by MahmoudEGYPT »

hi leo,
i need your advice regarding the following:

i have number of EST3 panels connected as a network.it's all downloaded and fully operational.now i lost the *.sdu file for this project.i want to create anther one without rewriting all labels and messages again.

now ,is there is away to do so?
mean that can i create anew project and enter same no.of panels,cards and components then i make a mapping-will this read all points with it's labels?-

i know this can be done in QS -uploading- but is there is any chances to do so with EST3?

thanks in advance,ENG.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: i lost *.sdu project can i upload the labels of all poin

Post by Leo »

You will need to make a new project with panels and cards then you can upload all the maps.
Keeping all panal and cards numbers the same.

hopefully you may a printer connected to one of the EST3 panels.
If so you will be able to capture the Messages and device addresses on a computer via Hyperterminal.
replace the printer with your computer, disconnect one devices loop at a time saving the info via hypertermial to a text file, Clean the file up so each line is a device address and message.

If there is no printer on the system, you may have a list of all the devices on paper which you can try using ocr software. scan the paper and convert it to a text file. I have done this in the past and it can save time.

LABLES:
Your Lables are GONE.
keep in mind the Lables are the "sequence of operation"
which inputs turn on which outputs.
If your sequence of operation is simple rewriting the lables will not be hard.
With respect to lables there are two kinds of inputs - inputs that turn outputs on and do not turn outputs on.
If the input does not turn outputs on the Lable is meaningless.

you will need to put your inputs into alarm and check which outputs turn on.
If your SSDC/SDDC cards are SSDC1/SDDC1 you can make a input go into alarm via the keypad.

- Remember once you load it there is no going back -
MahmoudEGYPT

Post by MahmoudEGYPT »

thanks a lot unfortunately i couldn't get you about messages would clarify again please?i have fireworks connected to the system
Last edited by MahmoudEGYPT on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MahmoudEGYPT

Post by MahmoudEGYPT »

Leo wrote:You will need to make a new project with panels and cards then you can upload all the maps.
Keeping all panal and cards numbers the same.

i can get this numbers from panel it self ,right?mean that number of panel can be known by keybad and also number of card
ex:0102003 mean panel 1 card 2 detector 3
right?

hopefully you may a printer connected to one of the EST3 panels.
If so you will be able to capture the Messages and device addresses on a computer via Hyperterminal.
replace the printer with your computer, disconnect one devices loop at a time saving the info via hypertermial to a text file, Clean the file up so each line is a device address and message.

If there is no printer on the system, you may have a list of all the devices on paper which you can try using ocr software. scan the paper and convert it to a text file. I have done this in the past and it can save time.

i don't have a printer i have fireworks and i don't have paper list of messages.

LABLES:
Your Lables are GONE.
keep in mind the Lables are the "sequence of operation"
which inputs turn on which outputs.
If your sequence of operation is simple rewriting the lables will not be hard.
With respect to lables there are two kinds of inputs - inputs that turn outputs on and do not turn outputs on.
If the input does not turn outputs on the Lable is meaningless.

you will need to put your inputs into alarm and check which outputs turn on.
If your SSDC/SDDC cards are SSDC1/SDDC1 you can make a input go into alarm via the keypad.
i can handle the labels

- Remember once you load it there is no going back -
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

This is good news that you have fireworks.
the 4 files that are exports from the EST3 software for fireworks to import have all the info you need.
hopefully the files are on the Fireworks Computer.
the only file you will need to find is with the extention .OPX
Open it in wordpad and it should all be there.

- be careful the device address and the card the devices are assigned to are not always the same

((i can get this numbers from panel it self ,right?mean that number of panel can be known by keybad and also number of card
right?))
MahmoudEGYPT

Post by MahmoudEGYPT »

Leo wrote:This is good news that you have fireworks.
the 4 files that are exports from the EST3 software for fireworks to import have all the info you need.
hopefully the files are on the Fireworks Computer.
the only file you will need to find is with the extention .OPX
Open it in wordpad and it should all be there.

- be careful the device address and the card the devices are assigned to are not always the same

((i can get this numbers from panel it self ,right?mean that number of panel can be known by keybad and also number of card
right?))
thanks Eng. Leo YOU ARE THE BEST:))