Device in Alarm Overides Silence

sarian

Device in Alarm Overides Silence

Post by sarian »

Hi All,

When programming EST3 panel with SDU there is a option in Tools>Signature Seris>Configure>Signature Series Parameters>Base Defaults>Sounder

There is a checkbox "Device in Alarm Overides Silence", what does it mean?
Does it mean that when the Alarm Silence button is pressed on panel and a devices goes active, then the panel is still silent and the sounders will not sound?

My sounders are in conventional zone and would be actived using CC1 moudle, does this option work for me? I want that when my panel is silent and a detector goes it to alarm mode, the panel would be still silent and the sounders wouldn't sound!

Thanks,
Reza
sarian

Re: Device in Alarm Overides Silence

Post by sarian »

I think I am wrong, this option is not related to standard base detectors, only relay base and sounder base.
FireTech

Re: Device in Alarm Overides Silence

Post by FireTech »

If you have are not using the Siga-AB (Audible base) or Siga-Rb (Relay Base) the options under Base defaults wouldnt pertain to you.

But, If I am understanding you correctly, When one of your conventional alarm devices go into alarm, you want to be able to hit "Alarm Silence" on your ESt-3 panel to silence or turn off the sounders.
Use a Rule like this below to have the sounders Turn off when hitting alarm silence..

[ALARM SILENCE]
ALARMSILENCE:
OFF -SET AUDIBLE 'SARIANS_CC1_MODULES_4_CONVENTIONAL_SOUNDERS*';

Or, you can create another switch just to "Alarm silence" these CC1 sounders.)besides the system wide alarm silence button..

Is this what you are looking for? if not, let me know....