Merging of EST3 Database

azman

Merging of EST3 Database

Post by azman »

Hi,
Anybody has a utilities that could merge two or more set of EST3 database. In the process, it could also change the cabinet numbers. I'm currently using sdu v3.52.

Thanks.
knessus

Re: Merging of EST3 Database

Post by knessus »

Currently there is no public tool to merge databases. There will probably never be one. From EST's standpoint it is not profitable to make a limited use tool. From the installers standpoint if your salesperson sold the work correctly you will make more money appending an existing SDU than merging 2 databases.
My recommendation; pick the larger DB as your starting point and append the data to it from the smaller SDU. Look in to a program called Mavrsoft Apis Ceratina to assist you in copy and paste.
Set up 2 laptops: 1 primary and 1 slave on the same network. Open each SDU in its own respective laptop (you can run the slave in demo mode without a HASP if you don;t have two. Using Remote desktop to control the second PC will give you two windows on one pc each with their own SDU. Copy and paste from slave to master. Or; export point list and rules from the slave and using excel and Apis copy and paste into master SDU. (I have had to do this on a 12 panel to 17 panel merge :) Good luck.
junjun

Post by junjun »

there is a merging tools called wh4sdu that can merge your sdu project..
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

can you post a link or the program, I am not familiar with it.
Renniw

Post by Renniw »

Does this software is available to canadian market?
junjun

Post by junjun »

actually this software is not acknowledge by edwards...this can be used to all market..we are using this software here in middle east to merge big network database..i can show you the GUI for this software..
Attachments
image.jpg