EST3-MAP - Balanced Map, what is it

Leo
Site Admin

EST3-MAP - Balanced Map, what is it

Post by Leo »

What is a Balanced Map.

A Balanced Map is when two or more devices on the Signature Loop are electronically equal.

The easiest way to understand it is to see it.
Go to Mapping->Loop Statistics, Actual Data, Balanced Serial/Level
If there are no serial numbers under Balanced Serial/Level then there are no devices that are electronically equal.
Close this map and open one up until you find serial numbers under Balanced Serial/Level.
These devices are electronically equal. It's basically a star tap, wiring all the devices under one wire nut.

What does this mean?
If you need to change out the device the system can not determine which device is being changed because they are electronically equal. so you will get a Map Fault, you will need to change the serial number in Signature Series Configure, run conversion and load the map.

Sinature Series Status/Dianostics
When viewing (Current Map) Even if it is a balanced map it will NOT indicate RED. I do not understand why?
Freaky76er

Re: EST3-MAP - Balanced Map, what is it

Post by Freaky76er »

is this for any EST addressable Panel?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I remember years ago when I want to EST3 training and the instructor said NO balanced maps are allowed.
things have changed and I think it is do to the SDU Versions, that said.

for changing out a device it is true for both the Quick Start and EST2 panel. balanced devices you will need to map back in via the software/SDU.

there are nuances between the three panels and the different software versions.
The Quick Start you can disable mapping and the panel is just fine with that(green panel), the EST3 will have a mapping fault.
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

just have to add info for this one....basically its a very rare thing that you will get a star tap when you are following a riser diagram especially if where talking about big projects like towers. usually this balanced map will come out even if you don't have a star tap, but it will come as wrong connection of negative cables in the base of the detectors. like if you have a standard base, the positive terminal is common and connected at the terminal 2 of the base, now the data in negative(-) is in terminal 4 and data out negative (-) is in terminal 7. now if you reverse these connection and you connected the data in to terminal 7 and data out to terminal 4, then you will have a balance map. then if you have an isolator base then it happens you reverse the data in and data out negative terminal then definitely your data will not go beyond that isolator base when your map it.
DPW

Post by DPW »

Is there a quick way to determine which device might have the negatives in the wrong place? Would this cause all the PS bases to be a mismatch? I'm getting all my relay bases as my actual and sounders as my expected. If I go to configure it shows I have sounder bases, but if I commit expected it still has personality mismatch and address mismatch. This is on an SDDC-1, one loop is fine but the other has the issues. Thanks for any help
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

after you commit expected, just compile rules,convert and download that specific loop. after download let it map it again then upload again, then you will see that it is matched. you will get this properly if your configuration is mapping enabled. but if your mapping is disabled and your ps is sounder base configuration, every time you upload your loop you will get red color ps and your actual and expected is mismatch. means if configuration is sounder base, you must enable your map in order to get configuration right. if your loop is disabled, dont use sounder base as configuration, instead you have to use the relay,remote base configuration. in your question if there's a quick way to determine which device might have the negatives in the wrong place, the answer is yes, there's a way.
akrajib143

Post by akrajib143 »

Hi,
I am facing also Balance Serial/ Level Problem of my project.
according to SDU Loop Statistics:
Balance serial/Level:
3975874621/0024
3975877387/0024.
But cable wiring is ok.
Please suggest me how can I solve the balance map problem.
ESTrr

Post by ESTrr »

A balanced map is the result of 2 or more branched having the same capacitance (Looking the exact same to the software), to correct you would need to change the wiring of one of the branches. (or turn off mapping and suppress the message in objects.