EST3x CPU Fail

tfmt100

EST3x CPU Fail

Post by tfmt100 »

Hello everybody. I'm comming here as a last resource, to see if someone have experienced the same and got a solution.
I have on my work's place an EST3X that was selled as new and had been discovered after a failure that wasnt true, was a showcase item. The failure happened when a new program was sent to the panels on the network (We have here an EST3 plus an 3ANN-CPU plus an EST3x). The other 2 panels received the new program normally but the EST3x failed on the process with no apparently reason (the new program that was sent was only different on timing for the rules). After the fail, 2 LEDs on the EST3X have been turned on: CPU Fail and Trouble (showed on the pics.)

I've tried all possible things since that, but with no sucess (Including all the related directly or indirectly things to EST3 in this forum). Edwards, through a partner hired by us, have tried to help, but i think that they dont realy cared about, so, wasnt a really good help. The only things they suggested was try cycling power and dismount everypart and try to send a program with the least quantity of items possible. (tried with no sucess too)

We was trying to buy a new one, from a reseller, and the price and everything was ok, until they decide to review the proposal and increased the cost over 3000 dollars for just a new CPU to est3x. (Was 4000, now is 7000). Was a absurd and abusive raise i think.
In my country, dollar is too high (1brL = $5,00+), so, at the moment we cant buy a new one with that absurd price.

1. Someone could suggest some way to buy a new one with a decent price on somewhere?

2. I've noticed that the EST3x pannels have 2 micro-USB connectors (can be seen on pic 2), that Edwards dont wanted to talk about to us. I'm think if that is something to upload some kind of BIOS to EST3x. Somebody has tried sucessfully to send something through that ports?

Thank you guys in advance and sorry for eventual wrong spelling, hehe!
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-28 at 18.10.47 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-28 at 18.10.47.jpeg
fasiwi

Re: EST3x CPU Fail

Post by fasiwi »

[url][https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-EST- ... l49292/url]

Your EST3X is not under warranty?
Sam

Post by Sam »

Firmware is up do date ??
tfmt100

Post by tfmt100 »

Fasiwi, we discovered that the EST3x sold to us as new, as actually a showroom item with 8+ years =///. And the company who sold us has broke.
tfmt100

Post by tfmt100 »

Sam, i cant get any comms with through rj11 serial port. I've tried a lot of things, cycling powers, cyclling with some buttons pressed, but still in that screen. When i try download anything or even make a version request, i get no answer from the ESt3x (timeout). I tried changing serial speeds, the adapter is fine cause i use it every week to some changes on programings on the working EST3 we have. I programed this ESt3x several times, she failed with apparently no reason on a download (the only change i've made was a timing for a rule, nithing else). Then she stuck on that screen and i cant make it go to Service Utility Mode...
fasiwi

Post by fasiwi »

With an EST3X panel, something similar happened to us and it was blocked when we did the first download. In communication with Edwards technicians, several resets were attempted and were unsuccessful. The advantage is that it was under warranty and Edwards sent us a new CPU. The link that I showed from ebay is cheaper than what they are charging you. Do you have software / key to program it and a copy of the database?,

fasiwi