Panel Upgradation

fahdbt94

Panel Upgradation

Post by fahdbt94 »

I'm looking to carry out an upgrade of the panel firmware and the database.

Before I begin, is there anything I should be aware of or any errors that have a high frequency of occurring?
I read in the release notes that the panel would restart and there might be a problem uploading the bootloader code.
It doesn't specify why the error would occur but just that if it does I should restart the panel and try again.

Thanks in advance for anyone who contributes.
gmcorreia

Re: Panel Upgradation

Post by gmcorreia »

First of all, compare the versions through your SDU.

The latest version of SDU is 5.32
The latest version of Bootstrap for 3-CPU3 is 5.00.00
The latest version of Code for 3-CPU3 is 5.21.00
The latest version of Bootstrap for 3-SSDC is 5.20.00
The latest version of Code for 3-SDDC is 5.20.00

Use the "Single Step" option and connect directly to the 3-CPU3.
Initially start with Bootstrap, notice that the percentage bar of the download stops in some moments until reaching 100%. Wait for the various times to appear until the panel finishes restarting. Then download the Code by following the same procedures as above. When you complete you can proceed with the other cards or download the database.

If the communication is interrupted the panel can be in maintenance mode and must be turned off. After reconnecting the panel, make sure it remains in maintenance mode or returns normally. Try to download again.

Rarely the panel is locked in maintenance mode, but if this happens it should send the CPU to EST.

If you upgrade the SDDC or SSDC cards, always do this directly on the card with the "Single Step" option checked.

Before you begin any upgrade, read the release instructions to find out if your hardware is compatible with the latest version of the software.

Every update should be done carefully and without interruptions, do not divert your attention during downloads.

PS: It happened only once during the download I did where the panel did not return after the restart and did not show any information on the display and also did not communicate. I had to send the 3-CPU3 to EST. It's rare, but it can happen.

Hope this helps. Good luck !
fahdbt94

Re: Panel Upgradation

Post by fahdbt94 »

Thanks a lot for the input, did you get to know what the problem was when you got the panel back from EST?