Backup a EST3

bwaksman

Backup a EST3

Post by bwaksman »

Hi ,

I have a company in Brazil with focus in BMS , i have just win a Maintenance Contract in a customer in Brazil .
The previous provider refuse to give us the SDU file for this EST3 Panel .

Someone can give me some alternative to backup ( logical upload ) this infos or files ?

Tks

Bension
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Backup a EST3

Post by Leo »

this is the most common complaint with the EST3, this is the EST3 business model.
you need the software key, you need to know how to program an EST3 system which is not easy and last you will need to program the system from scratch.
firetech624

Post by firetech624 »

bwaksman wrote:Hi ,

I have a company in Brazil with focus in BMS , i have just win a Maintenance Contract in a customer in Brazil .
The previous provider refuse to give us the SDU file for this EST3 Panel .

Someone can give me some alternative to backup ( logical upload ) this infos or files ?

Tks

Bension

Hey Benson,

if you are a distributor of if you have access to the est software then you can reprogram it. I can help if needed.

I am assuming you have access to the software because of you last statement in the email.
briac

Post by briac »

Leo wrote:this is the most common complaint with the EST3, this is the EST3 business model.
you need the software key, you need to know how to program an EST3 system which is not easy and last you will need to program the system from scratch.
hi Leo,
it is also an NFPA regulation to get cerified by the product manufacturer on the programing.
NFPA72 chap "10.5.3.4 Programming. Personnel programming a system shall be certified by the system manufacturer."
regards,
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

what does that mean?
the manufacturer needs to sign off on all systems that are programmed?
briac

Post by briac »

means that it is mandatory to get certification from the manifacturer to do software of the system.
the copy of the certificat has to be sent to the AHJ.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

have you sent/gave the AHJ copies of the program.
I have never done that or heard of the AHJ getting the program.
briac

Post by briac »

Leo wrote:have you sent/gave the AHJ copies of the program.
I have never done that or heard of the AHJ getting the program.
not the copy of the program but the certification from EST training
marcosjp

Post by marcosjp »

As mentioned above, the central EST-3 uploud be not the option of programming. If you do not have the database of your customer, it is necessary to have to make the zero setting. But if your client has the mapping of points and monitoring devices I can do this job. As mentioned before, it is necessary to have programaga with the correct version and the key "hard key" in order to run the program without being in the demo option. following contact 55 (11) 97337.8355 Raphael

Att.