Exact process to program a control panel EST3X at first time

fasiwi

Exact process to program a control panel EST3X at first time

Post by fasiwi »

What is the exact process to program a control panel EST3X at first time?.

I am fairly new to this type of system, and although we did the course and receive certification, it is quite different to deal with a real problem.

With 3-SDU have already configure the cabinet, modules and LRMs. We also have programming rules compiled.

According to the EST3X Reference Manual, we understood that we must first make a download of the CPU only (Application, Bootloader and Database). Then we perform DB conversion and download. All this is performed smoothly: 3 downloads and 0 errors. Then the panel restarts automatically.

Unfortunately (or lack of knowledge), now the control panel does not turn on. Only a continuous beep sounds, the buttons do not respond, no messages on the LCD and LED CPU Fail is ON. There is also no communication with 3-SDU. At this point we restarted several times and continue with the control panel become brick.

Any help or guidance you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated. I know that in this forum there are people with a lot of experience and may have seen something similar.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Exact process to program a control panel EST3X at first

Post by Leo »

if you load the CPU wrong you can hose it.
if you can not get the CPU fail led off get a new CPU.
the CPU can be fix but only by the factory.

try hitting the Reset Button
fasiwi

Post by fasiwi »

Thanks Leo,

Unfortunately RESET button does not respond. We are waiting for RMA number to return the CPU. I'm sure you're right and we loaded the CPU incorrectly. The problem is we do not know where I went wrong.

What we did was:

a) in Tools/DB Conversion/3-CPU Databases .... 100% done
b) then Tools/Communications select only CPU and download Application Code, Bootloader Code and Database.
c) Upon completion of the download and then said 0 errors and indicates that the panel will restart, but after resetting, the CPU will not start.

You visualize any error in this process?

P.S. Our 3-SDU is versión 5.02 and in Project Parameters/MicroCode the C-CPU is 01.03.00
Y_Knot

Post by Y_Knot »

You cannot downgrade the microcodes on the newer panels. Doing so can brick the CPU. If you're using 5.02 (an unstable version IMO), you really need to upgrade your SDU (I think they're up to 5.20 currently).
fasiwi

Post by fasiwi »

Thanks Y_Knot,

We now have 3-SDU version 5.20. When importing the previous settings a message appears stating that we must make the microcode update. At this point we do update only the application code and bootloader code and then update the database? (this for the CPU and internal SLC) or should be done all together?
old_tech

Post by old_tech »

I've downgraded whole systems from 5.20 to 3.74 without a problem. New hardware included,Y-knot.
If you're not using CO devices, there's no reason to use the new program.
fasiwi

Post by fasiwi »

Thankyou very much for your advice. With a new CPU sent by factory, we did the same procedure and now the system works. However we could not even do the mapping.
We are working only SLC2, while SLC1 is with cables disconnected.

I Attached screenshots where you can see that the mapping is not disabled, also no Line Fault. The system finds all the 66 loop devices but not finish the mapping and in "Tools / Signature Series / Mapping" option indicates that the mapping is disabled. I do not understand why.

One more question: The system indicates a trouble, ...the database of SDDC1 card is out of sync with the CPU. How we correct this?

Again, thanks for your valuable tips for those who are taking the first steps with EST3 systems.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B779yB ... sp=sharing

fasiwi
briac

Post by briac »

Hi Fasiwi,
it always happen when you program for the first time,
if you finish to download the CPU, start to download the card,
make a version request first to make sure that the microcode is the same in the CPU and the SDU.

then you download the loopcard on sigle step: to download the loopcard, you do BAD(remember Michael Jackson) means Boot==>Apply==>Data;

there are many topics treating the mapping problem on this forum, you can have a look on there , but principally if you cannot map or cannot finish the mapping that means that there is a problem on the cabling of the signature series.

"SDDC1 card is out of sync with the CPU. How we correct this?"==> your loop card did not receive yet the database, download the same database on the CPU and the loopcard,

have a nice programing
fasiwi

Post by fasiwi »

Thanks Briac,
I really appreciate your help (and the help from all). We will follow your advice. With regard to the incomplete mapping, we found no wiring problems, but found problems in SIGA-PS detectors and audible bases. Changing the detector/base by a new one, has solved the problem and already completed the mapping. We are surprised that from a total of 125 detectors with audible bases we have had to replace 10% of these (seems a bit high). Is this normal ?. Additionally we also had to change a manual station for a similar problem.
briac

Post by briac »

if you are close to UTC or GE provider, try to return them the faulty equipement if the charge is low.
note that the sounder base can be programmed ;check yur program first.

regards,