NFS Series Firmware/Application Code

pyrosucks

NFS Series Firmware/Application Code

Post by pyrosucks »

Anyone have access to these files? I need to update firmware in a panel we service.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: NFS Series Firmware/Application Code

Post by Leo »

I maybe able to help you.
which panel is it for?
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

NFS2-3030
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I work for a notifier distributor now (jersey/phila area). that is why I have stopped answering the EST stuff.
the mother board does not have any firmware chips on it.
there is a "panel database version" for the mother board, which you need the new Verifire tool to load the panal with.
the LCM-320 "SLC" board does have firmware chips.
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Are there any compatibility issues with the lcm version and the database version? (Do they need to match?) can i replace an lcm card in an existing system without having to be concerned with firmware versions?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

If you have the old LCM-320 card you can swap out the square firmware chips.
if not you will need to have a notifier tech flash the card via the new verifire tool for the 3030.
cmadradi

Post by cmadradi »

Leo,

I have the same problem, however I need to make a downgrade in a Notifire.NET system, it has 5 NFS2-3030 ant 14.0 database version, we need to change the NCA2 and the CPU. they have database version 23. However, the new database is not compatible with the firmware in database, so I need to program them with the Verifire TOols 6.1.

CLient only owns one of the 3030 and the NCA, so we do not have access to the other 3030.

DO you have the application codes that are compatible with database version 14 so we can downgrade the new cpu and the NCA and we can upload the converted version of the DB?

Regards,
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

can you call notifier tech support?
if not I will call and look into this
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

can you call notifier tech support?
if not I will call and look into this
Kmaysob

Post by Kmaysob »

I am not sure if the 3030 can be downgraded that far. I have never gone below version 21. The nca is not able to be down graded. I went through this recently. In fact, notifier tech support will argue that you cannot downgrade a panel either. I argued with one of them for a few minutes, before he talked with the engineers and determined I was right. The only time I down grade, is to save a customer from having to upgrade their onyx work station.