ABOUT QUICKSTART CPU FAULT

lts-maroc

ABOUT QUICKSTART CPU FAULT

Post by lts-maroc »

Hi Friends,

Many times, i meet this problem, it is that the Panel restarts continuosly, displaying CPU fault.
When asking EST, they tell us to send the faulted CPU and change it by new one.
But what they do when getting the faulted CPU, i sent two faulted CPU, and i note the serial numbers and most of the electronic components, and when get it back i find the same serial numbers.

Probably that mean there is no change of devices, but when i asked some friends, they told me that the problem is no Hardware one, but it is a software problem, so they RESET the panel with an utility .

Other thing you can notice on the rear of the CPU that there are some points called : " SWR , INIT , RST and MW " , as I know specially in PIC µcontrollers there is a pin called "MCLR" that reset the PIC.

Do you think, that is the same procedure, like INIT : initialisation, and RST : RESET, MW : Move to ...

Any one can confirm these informations.

Best Regards.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: ABOUT QUICKSTART CPU FAULT

Post by Leo »

do you know what it cost them to repair it?
I must have 10 dead older QS panels.

the older QS just DIE. the newer version seem to work will.
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Those cpu's puke all the time, parts are getting scarce. Upgrade to the io panel, cost is about the same for the parts
lts-maroc

Post by lts-maroc »

Dear friends,

I have no database about prices repair, but be sure that less cost to buy a new one.
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

Last time i priced a qs-4 cpu it was around $1500. A new io-500 panel cost is less than $1000. You have to change out the backbox, but big deal. Much better system that is currently supported.